Charging station POI updates for GO 510 — TomTom Community

Charging station POI updates for GO 510

BozheadBozhead Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 11 in MyDrive Connect
Hi,
Can anyone help please?
I have charging Station updates ready for my GO510, but has I do not have an electric car and have no intention of going that way for at least 5 years + is there away of deleting these updates?
Thanks in advance for your reply
BH

Best Answers

Answers

• BozheadBozhead Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your advice, I have hidden the Charging Points as @Lochfrass has suggested. And will give TT a call when I get back home.

Thanks to you both for a quick response.
    BH
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    It would be good to have the charging stations POIs as an 'opt-in' update, as they're a considerable size if you tick them by mistake for an update. This would also avoid the 'update is available' message when connecting to WiFi, for an update that you (along with 98% of other drivers) have no interest in.

Not sure how this would be implemented though, as I'm not aware of a facility in the device or MyDrive Connect to select which updates are offered.
  • jockandlynjockandlyn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Excellent point dmulv. I have 'World Maps' and, I do travel widely, I do not drive, and probably will, never drive an electric car. BUT my account is continually being updated by charging point information -Worldwide! Memory drain and no relevance.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,342
    Superuser
    Hi @jockandlyn

If you want to stop getting the Charging Station Updates offered the you need to contact Customer Support and get them to change the settings for your unit on the TT servers.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,700
    Superusers
    Hi
    @jockandlyn
    Welcome to the site....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

The official way to Contact Tomtom Support.....
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM