LARGE Blue Direction Banner — TomTom Community

LARGE Blue Direction Banner

SpringsSprings Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
Why is the banner containing the driving directions so large on the latest version of the Tomtom Go app?
It covers to top 4cm of the map on my mobile phone which only leaves 5cm of map visible before the black banner containing the current road name at the bottom of the screen. I'm using TomTom Go v2.2.1 on Android 7.0 and my phone has a usable display height of 11 cm in other apps, but only 5cm of tomtom map is now visible.

The directions banner on previous versions was much smaller and didn't hide almost 50% of the map. With such a small amount of map visible its now difficult to anticipate the road a reasonable distance ahead. I've checked the app settings but can't find any option to change the size of this direction banner.

In the UK blue direction signs are reserved for Motorways but the app displays blue direction signs even on local roads. Previous versions of Go used to display the direction signs in colours appropriate to the type of road - blue for motorways, green for A-roads etc. Can you revert back to using the correct colour direction signs for the type of road.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,996 Moderator
    Hi @Springs

Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are actively working on making improvements to this Blue box (next instruction panel) feature in an upcoming release.

Regards, lampard

• lsagerlsager Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I second this. I've been hunting for a way to remove this huge banner - I can barely see any of the map. Have there been any updates to be able to remove this? I love tomtomgo but have been using other apps because of this.
  • Nickh2437Nickh2437 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    It would be useful if users had the ability to toggle this banner on or off and maybe a third option of on, but without the blue background.
  • albertvanderkampalbertvanderkamp Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    @lampard When can we expect this new release with the improvements to the blue box? It was July 27 when you mentioned it and we are now almost four months later!

I'm looking forward for it. Because beside the blue box there are a lot of other items that can, and I expect will, be improved.

Regards,
    Albert.