How to get a GPX file on GO Navigation App? — TomTom Community

How to get a GPX file on GO Navigation App?

Dutch-RiderDutch-Rider Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
It is not strange nowadays.
I receive a GPX from someone through Social media or mail. How do I get this GPX file in TomTom Go with my Smartphone.

There is no connection between TomTom Go and GPX. So my Smartphone says: "There is no app to open GPX". In my opnion TT Mydrive is THE app for this functionality. But it cannot do this. Only the Website version can import GPX files.

Best Answer

Answers

• MarcoGoMarcoGo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    edited November 6
    Unfortunately your much appreciated Load Track doesn't work anymore either.
    Edit: probably just a temporarily hick.. it works again :)
  • MarcoGoMarcoGo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Was too optimistic, doesn't work anymore. This important syncing feature is not reliable unfortunately. Routes in Mydrive I can't get available in the TT Navigation app. Anybody knows a workaround?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,595
    Superuser
    Hi @MarcoGo

The latest versions of the Go Mobile App uses different maps to the old Apps which is why the Syncing of routes between the My Drive website or App is not currently possible. The NDS format maps are different to those used in the My Drive system and Tomtom have stated that they are working on the compatibility issue arising from this situation. They have indicated they hope to have the issue resolved soon and will then restore the syncing facility. They have not stated any specific timeline for this.

Doug
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 592 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited November 7
    @DougLap With the current v2.3 NDS version it is possible to sync tracks. I was already using this option last summer Holliday. With NDS there are some improvements when riding tracks like avoiding roadblocks.

@MarcoGo TomTom changed something in the backend. Load Track now always does a retry. Tip you can click the progress bar at the end to speed up.
    Currently I an very busy at work with certifications. I will try to fix this when I have the time.

I also have problems with the stability of syncing tracks to the NDS app lately and did see more complains in other fora. Maybe @lampard can investigate this syncing to NDS issue.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi there,

@MarcoGo Are you still having issues while syncing routes/tracks via MyDrive? Can you provide an exact timestamp when this issue occurred?
    TomTom changed something in the backend. Load Track now always does a retry.
    @RoadRider Can you elaborate some more on the above statement? What exactly you observed that seems to be changed now?

Regards, lampard
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 592 [Revered Pioneer]
    @lampard Sorry but I do not have the time now for a proper investigation. Here is what I have seen.

I did see some reports on other fora starting the end of last week.
    Tracks do not always sync directly to the GO Navigation app. Some times you have to turn Sync off an on again.
    Syncing some times has a long delay lately. I also had this problem on Saturday.
    So I am not sure if both is the same problem (just the delay and a impatient user)

With my "Load Track" App I now get a error for the first call to the GOR REST API. Normally this happens when the GOR backend is to busy so this triggers a delay in my app. The retry after this delay still works.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Thanks, @RoadRider ! I'll send it across.