Reactivate SIM card on Mazda NB1 — TomTom Community

Reactivate SIM card on Mazda NB1

carrolagomescarrolagomes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 2020 in Built in car navigation
Hi

I own a 2014 Mazda 6 with a bulit-in TomTom NB1 nav system, serial number DP5xxxxxxxx05

I did not renew the Live Services in 2015 but am interested in subscribing to them now.

However, the TomTom website says my system is not supported and the TomTom Home app doesn't allow me to subscribe..

After reading some posts and FAQs I found that my system's SIM card was probably deactivated.

Is there a way for me to reactivate it and subscribe to Live Services?

Thank you in advance for your help

Cheers

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,903
    Superuser
    @carrolagomes

Sorry to say but I think you are out of luck, as I believe that after a max of 3 years any SIM card is permanently deactivated, but check back on Monday after one of the moderators @VikramK or @lampard has checked your account
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Hi @carrolagomes
    Welcome to the community!
    The previous subscription expired back in 2015 and so the SIM cannot be reactivated. Sorry...

More information on this article- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013902020

Regards, Vikram
  • DreetjeDreetje Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, i have the same problem. Got A Mazda 6 2013 with Nb1. By TomTom home bought the live service update. The program recomanded this one. How long does it takes to acces the Sim? If its possible......... i read that it maby not be possible if its to long ago? Where can i check the status of the Sim? In the device it said no connection, but i can see the imei, sim-id and model. Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Hi @Dreetje, Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed your TomTom account and I see the previous subscription ended in 2014, so the SIM card is deactivated.

Please get in touch with our customer service to raise a refund request for the recent order for LIVE Services.

Regards, Vikram
  • DreetjeDreetje Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @VikramK . that's too bad. I have requested the refund and it has already been made. Service is great! But, I'd prefer to have it working. Is there a solution to install a new sim card in the mazda? Or is it just really bad luck. apple carplay can't be made working either, so navi (TomTom) via iphone doesn't work either. So no more live updates possible?

Regards, dreetje.