GO 6100 device restore in progress — TomTom Community

GO 6100 device restore in progress

MY Wife's and I have our own TomTom devices, which I maintain, but today things went pear shaped on Mary's machine and I now have a serious problem.

It is a TomTom GO 6100, S/N QQxxxxIxxxxx

It had three maps loaded: Europe + United Kingdom , USA, Canada & Mexico and India.

I updated UK no problem and then started USA.
I came back to discover a black screen...

I restarted the device, which then gave me a red warning no connection to computer
It then said "Restore in progress". The red message cleared once the restore had completed.

It then came up in (I think) German.
I changed to language to UK English, and got it working, but the device now says "No voices".
(The India map had been removed also.)

MyDrive connect site says no voices available.

I have seen this once before, when I bought a TomTom from Amazon (UK) and they sent me a German device.
Same symptoms. I returned it and bought a UK version.

Mary's device was working happily until the crash, so I assume the "restore" has installed the wrong version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Richard Gamester

Mod edit: Personal information removed!

Best Answer

• richard_gamesterrichard_gamester Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the update!
    One of the things I tried yesterday, was to order the voice "Jane". This process then went on to ask me to install TomTom Home, which I decided against... (Was this the USA option?) So that's when I made this report.

When I received your message, I went back into MyDrive, and Jane had arrived!
    I then ordered Tim and I am currently reinstalling the Europe map.
    So I have got it talking, a big sigh of relief now that my wife can have her navigation device back...

Thanks again.
    Richard.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,713
    Superusers
    H
    @richard_gamester
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

If you have you still got a map installed on the devices Built-in Memory ??? You could try starting the device Without the Micro SDHC Memory Card...
    Note... There must be at least one Map install on the devices Memory before the device will not startup....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • richard_gamesterrichard_gamester Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the update!
    One of the things I tried yesterday, was to order the voice "Jane". This process then went on to ask me to install TomTom Home, which I decided against... (Was this the USA option?) So that's when I made this report.

When I received your message, I went back into MyDrive, and Jane had arrived!
    I then ordered Tim and I am currently reinstalling the Europe map.
    So I have got it talking, a big sigh of relief now that my wife can have her navigation device back...

Thanks again.
    Richard.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,713
    Superusers
    Hi
    @richard_gamester
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....
    They should be able to allocate the Serena & Malcolm Computer Voices to your Account

Stay Safe... ATB YFM