Speed camera on TomTom 52 — TomTom Community

Speed camera on TomTom 52

CampanologyCampanology Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 19 in Speed Cameras
When the speed camera subscription expires, how is it possible to retain the data that has been downloaded and paid for previously. How is it possible to reload speed camera files and where are they found

Best Answer

Answers

• Jose0786Jose0786 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 14
    Well, the truth is that it leaves a lot to say about the Tomtom brand, since if they are going to take away what you paid or had once, I do not see it as ethical or moral, it is like having a mobile with some paid application, and updating the software have it taken away from you. I thought of acquiring a more complete model, but having seen what I have seen, I will opt for another brand. Instead of improving what has already been acquired, they make it worse, I am very upset about that. But as always to find another that offers better service. a greeting

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)
  • CampanologyCampanology Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    If TomTom change the terms and conditions that relate to a reason to purchase a product after you have purchased it they should still enable the data that has already been downloaded and paid for to be still visible, even though updates could not be downloaded. Surely such change is illegal. The only other option is to allow the data to be seen or provide a full refund to enable the purchase of another unit even if it is from one f your competitors.
    No answer given
  • thearifthearif Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Some people i know still get the alert and they do not have camera alerts subscription, how is that ?
  • pneme82pneme82 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    thearif wrote: »
    Some people i know still get the alert and they do not have camera alerts subscription, how is that ?

HI Thearif. I did not have the subscription and I have had alerts for over two years. I have updated my SATNAV a number of times but had to do so recently and noticed it had been taken off. This is nothing but a scam in all honesty, does anyone know an alternative to Tom tom
  • pneme82pneme82 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Campanology

Welcome to the community!
    The functionality for TomTom models has changed, speed cameras services are tied to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the TomTom device will stop alerting.

Thanks, Vikram

We were not sold these devices under these conditions Stop being a front man for a company that has rolled out a dodgey policy. Dictators and the rest do the same, they have spokes persons that sell their wrongs as right.
    The question has still not been answered and the problem resolved. If you are claiming that the speed camera alerts updates are linked to a subscription why are the prior alerts still not showing on the unit. If you have changed your terms and conditions they can only legally relate to units purchased post these changes. To claim that the change in conditions relate to prior owned units is illegal. Please ensure that the data is reinstated on my unit although future updates would therefore not be available until a new subscription is activated. You keep claiming that I am a long standing customer but your actions seem completely different. Is Tomtom actively encouraging customers to buy elsewhere?
  • SwanseaJack___185SwanseaJack___185 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    My 135 has stopped working. Too old to revive I am told. Looking at new TomTom's - how much are the Speed Camera Renewals after trial period?
  • Ron_MRon_M Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue that the speed cameras get disabled.
    Please give us the status back which we had before.
    I bought this TOMTOM because of this function and now they just take it off ?
    Please find a solution for it,
    Thanks
    Ron
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,559
    Superuser
    Hi @Ron_M

I thought the Tomtom Via62 which is in your Profile came with 3 moths Speed Cameras. I think you need to contact Customer Support as they can check what the settings are for your unit on the TT servers and change if appropriate.

Doug