POI FROM PC TO START$" — TomTom Community

POI FROM PC TO START$"

I need to tranfers several poi (ov2) files onto my new START42 form my computer after some #### stole my previous TOMTOM.
All the instructions read use "
1. Connect your START to your computer using MyDrive Connect.
2. In MyDrive, select Import POI File and browse to your .OV2 file.
3. Upload the POI list to your START.

PROBLEM no IMPORT POI FILE appears under MY DRIVE !

I feel that I have been sold a PUP which will not take the required files !!!!!!!!!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    Hi @MEC_1953

You can load your old POI files on to the new units but there have been instances when the new units don't recognise some old files. A solution is to export the old file to your PC then load it into onto the POI editor website and resave it as a .ov2 file and then load it onto the new unit using My Drive.

Doug.
  • MEC_1953MEC_1953 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The problem I have is nowhere in mydrive can i find the option to import the poi files
  • MEC_1953MEC_1953 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Both the MyDrive on the Computer screen ^ the device itself say they are connected
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @MEC_1953
    Installing 3rd Party POI .Ov2 Files to your new START42
    The Start Range Models are NONE Live devices you will need MyDrive connect running and the device connected to the PC over a USB cable....

Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon… Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM