Rider 400/410 Doesn't Update — TomTom Community

Rider 400/410 Doesn't Update

Red BaronRed Baron Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
For days, I've been trying to update my Rider 400/410, using MyDrive Connect (4.2.7.3966) but somehow it never is able to complete.

The updates are:
  • Europa v10.45 (8351 MB)
  • Lifetime flitserupdates Europa (6 MB)

Whenever I try installing the update Europa v10.45, after having downloaded and waiting a long time for the check to complete, the installation process takes quite some time, but after an hour or so, it seems to get into a loop, installing for about 7-8 minutes, going from 0% to 100%, then it hangs for a while and starts installing again for about 7-8 minutes, going from 0% to 100%, then it hangs again and over and over... for hours on end.

Whenever I install "Lifetime flitserupdates Europa" and having downloaded and waiting some time, it seems to installs the update, going from 0% to 100% but then it keeps hanging at 100%, checking for hours and hours... (See picture below)

cs7ef07nml1l.png

I've tried installing them separately and together, but problem persists resulting in not having installed the updates.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,983
    Superusers
    edited April 2 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Red Baron

1st... See Vikram's Post... (Tomtom Moderator)
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or... Instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.
    On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

"Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1694455/#Comment_1694455
    ATB YFM
  • Red BaronRed Baron Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Problem solved!

In my case, it was the deletion of the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" that did the trick.

Thanks..
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,983
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Red Baron
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlaingavageAlaingavage Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,
    For several week I haven't received any update for my rider 410, please help
    Regards
    Alain
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,555 Moderator
    Hi @Alaingavage

I see you have the map Latam v1051.10331 installed on your RIDER which is the most recent map. The next map is due to release in the upcoming weeks.
    Are you also not getting the updates for speed cameras?

Regards, Vikram
    edited August 28
    Dear @VikramK,
    I've received the update for the maps, tank you but I still miss the possibility to buy the update of the South America Radar. Please tell me how to buy this update for 1-2 years
    Kind regards
    Alain
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,563
    Superuser
    Hi @Alaingavage

Think you will find they no longer do a South American Cameras but now offer a single World Cameras file which is charged Monthly or Annually. It covers all the countries listed against it including Brazil.

Doug
    Thanks Doug but how can I download this world camera file for my rider? For the moment only the European cameras appear in my drive connect. Regards
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,563
    Superuser
    Hi @Alaingavage

You go to the Tomtom Website shop and purchase it on an Annual or Monthly basis. Note that you have an option to let it auto renew at the end of the bought period.

Doug