How do you add POI sets to Tom Tom Go mobile version 2.2.3. — TomTom Community

How do you add POI sets to Tom Tom Go mobile version 2.2.3.

Bri_NBri_N Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
In the previous version, carrying out the method below worked fine but now it doesn't seem to work anymore in the latest version.

just copy the *.ov2 files to: /Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois.
If the "pois" folder does not exist, just create it.

If you want icons for these POI on the map, create 64x64 pixel *.png files with the same name and store them in
/Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois/ov2_icons/hdpi/

e.g. hotels.png will be the icon for hotels.ov2.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @Bri_N

The POI addition option and Route syncing is not available on the latest version .

Doug
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 55 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Use an app such as POI Pocket for Android phones, to store your existing POIs, easily create new ones, and then from POI Pocket 'share' a POI and choose TT GO (or any other nav app you have installed) to launch and navigate to that POI.

I have no connection with POI Pocket (there are probably other apps that do the same thing) but I've found it to be a simple-to-use bit of software that, well, just works
  • DJvDijkDJvDijk Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So my question is why did they take this feature out of this version?
    When are they fix it?
    Hopefully asap otherwise...byebye TomTom...
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    DJvDijk wrote: »
    So my question is why did they take this feature out of this version?
    When are they fix it?
    Hopefully asap otherwise...byebye TomTom...
    Because they do it every time.

They get a product as close to how customers want it and then release an update or new product that puts them back to where they were 3 years prior.

It's like they removed the ability to use 3rd party speed cameras from their products, so you have to also use another app on the device to get these.

I switch over to Google Maps...Done with TomTom!!
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 55 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    DJvDijk, don't give up on TomTom just yet, try POI Pocket or a similar app to manage your POIs. That's what I'm doing and find that (a) it was easy to import my existing POIs into the app (b) it's easy to edit existing POIs (name change, location change) (c) it's easy to add new POIs, using Google Maps (including satellite view) to locate the POI exactly. I now find I really don't miss TT GO's current inability to import POIs.

Although it pains me to say this, having used Google Navigation recently, TT GO is definitely nicer to use and I find it's more consistent at producing 'sensible' routes. Additionally, if you ever have to start your navigation when you're in an area with no mobile reception (I often have to do this) Google Navigation can be problematic.
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It does work as long as TT and maps are loaded onto the SD Card and NOT the internal storage. Then side load them into /Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois on the Card. Or a slight variation on that.
    The problem I then have is that I can only see the first 50 or so pois.
    Moving to SD card is currently not possible is what I read in another discussion.
    DJvDijk, don't give up on TomTom just yet, try POI Pocket or a similar app to manage your POIs. That's what I'm doing and find that (a) it was easy to import my existing POIs into the app (b) it's easy to edit existing POIs (name change, location change) (c) it's easy to add new POIs, using Google Maps (including satellite view) to locate the POI exactly. I now find I really don't miss TT GO's current inability to import POIs.

Although it pains me to say this, having used Google Navigation recently, TT GO is definitely nicer to use and I find it's more consistent at producing 'sensible' routes. Additionally, if you ever have to start your navigation when you're in an area with no mobile reception (I often have to do this) Google Navigation can be problematic.

Only 50 for free, I paid TomTom for this all ready.
    They shouldn't take it out without let people know!
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Moving to SD card is currently not possible is what I read in another discussion.

Not so, BUT you do have to force it to load on the SDCard by filling up your internal memory so there's only about 300mb of free memory. I used large mp4 files, a but of a pain but it really only took 30 minutes.
    Then delete them when you've loaded TT and maps.
    Butt like I said, can only see the first 50 pois in the file.

Not so, BUT you do have to force it to load on the SDCard by filling up your internal memory so there's only about 300mb of free memory. I used large mp4 files, a but of a pain but it really only took 30 minutes.
    Then delete them when you've loaded TT and maps.
    Butt like I said, can only see the first 50 pois in the file.

LOL, then I have 500Gb to fill....thanks for the tip though...
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0