Speed cameras and traffic services expired — TomTom Community

Speed cameras and traffic services expired

I bought a premium go X a few weeks back (23 June 2020) and I’ve been patiently waiting for these services to activate. Despite several restarts and hard resets and leaving it on overnight connected to only GPRS, nothing has happened. The unit has been used in several occasions well outside any WiFi network.
Both traffic and cameras are showing: expired on 22 July 2020. I had an unproductive web chat with a support adviser (In my rather basic French) who seemed to think my unit had not been connected since purchase. MyDrive functionality is absolutely fine. All my locations are downloaded.
I’m stumped as to what to do next.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Best Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @SandyKite

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • SandyKiteSandyKite Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you @VikramK, it’s all sorted. Your help is much appreciated. All working fine.
    Curious as to why the services didn’t update the first time the built in SIM connected to GPRS. I guess there are just some mysteries in life... ;)

Answers

Update: 08.55 same morning.
    Either the TomTom Gods have been smiling on me, or some heroic but nameless techie has sorted it. Whatever or whoever you were, thank you, from a very grateful long term TomTom customer.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @SandyKite

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you @VikramK, it’s all sorted. Your help is much appreciated. All working fine.
    Curious as to why the services didn’t update the first time the built in SIM connected to GPRS. I guess there are just some mysteries in life... ;)
  • kampmann-lkwkampmann-lkw Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited August 25
    1. I recently bought (renewed) Tomtom traffic support. but cannot activate it. after buying I used mydrive ... but this only updated my map not the traffic info.

how can I manage that?

2. moreover I tried to use the normal support telefone (+4969 668 00915) but this number is not operational - tjos 2nd question has been answered ---
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @kampmann-lkw

You need to contact Customer support to chase them up to allocate the purchase to your account.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug