Lost SD card for Mazda system — TomTom Community

Lost SD card for Mazda system

JimASJimAS Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 6 in Map installation
I have lost the SD card from my Mazda 6 inbuilt TomTom. I want to purchase new maps and a card. What is the best way to do this?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,172 Moderator
    Hi @JimAS

Welcome to the community!
    You can buy a new memory card that is compatible with your Mazda system.

A map has been reactivated for your device, simply follow the steps below-

b30p6cgwarp6.png

k2a5ybdag16a.png

Regards
    VIkram
  • JimASJimAS Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram
    This is positive but can you be precise please and not too technical?
    First are you saying I can buy a blank SD card (not from Mazda who will charge me £500+)? If so what sort of card? (Your link didn't show me what would be compatible).
    Then when I have intitialised the card in the car as described, how do I download the map you kindly say you have reactivated?
    Thank you
    Jim
    Hi Jim

SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) Mazda Navigation System NB1 (LIVE): up to 4GB should be compatible with the device. Also, see the information available in the article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013900980

Regards, Vikram
  • JimASJimAS Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi Vikram
    I eventually bought an SD card and am up and running again - thanks for your help back in the summer.
    Now I am thinking of updating the maps on both my Mazdas. Can you confirm, if I buy a map update from TomTom, if it will be supported on these cars, both supplied from new with TomTom satnavs:
    Mazda MX5 Venture edition 2012
    Mazda 6 SportNav 2013
    Thanks again
    Jim
    Hi Jim
    The maps should be compatible with the Mazda. However, I would suggest that you check the compatibility by entering the first two characters of the serial number in 'compatibility checker' before ordering the service.

Travel Maps TomTom- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/

Thanks, Vikram