Can't get past "Choose a Country" — TomTom Community

Can't get past "Choose a Country"

At startup my TomTom Go 60 let's me choose language. When I continue to the next screen "Choose a Country" there are NO options and the next button is greyed out. In the MyDrive Connect app there aren't any maps to download. I've unistalled and reinstalled multiple times and still **** at the same problem. What should I do know?

Comments

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    You need maps to choose country, maybe @VikramK can help you.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,671
    Superuser
    Hi @KMfitit

@VikramK will be back on the forum on Monday. He is from Tomtom and can make changes that should hopefully help you resolve your problem. Look back then.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,057
    Superusers
    Hi
    @KMfitit
    Welcome to the site....
    Your profile states... Country → USA
    Just a thought ??? What language did you choose during the setup ???
    Is the associated Map for that language installed on the device ???

ATB YFM
  • KMfititKMfitit Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I tried several of the English languages, United States, Canada, UK. Still can't get past that part.
    I don't believe there are any maps installed and I can't download any as well. MyDrive Connect says my device is up to date.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,057
    Superusers
    edited August 22
    Hi
    @KMfitit
    KMfitit wrote: »
    I don't believe there are any maps installed and I can't download any as well. MyDrive Connect says my device is up to date.
    If that's the case you will probably have to wait for @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status and maybe allocate a small Map to get you going... You need at least one Map installed before the device will boot up correctly....

Stay Safe... ATB
    Ok. Thanks. I'll wait to see what either of them post.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,606 Moderator
    Hi @KMfitit

Welcome to the community!
    Have you already tried a soft reset?

If that does not help then please get in touch with our customer service, they could advise you further.

Thanks, Vikram
    Sorry for the late reply. I have tried that several times and I always get stuck at choose a country with next greyed out.
    Where can I get the map that came with unit? Nothing is showing up in MyDrive Connect app.
    Can I have a USA map added to my account so I can use my GO 60? Customer service is just having reset the unit over and over again. Just getting the same result of not being able to choose a country.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,606 Moderator
    Hi @KMfitit

I have asked my team to activate a map for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    edited September 11
    Thank you. That worked.