Go Navigation App saying no address found — TomTom Community

Go Navigation App saying no address found

Tony3612Tony3612 Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
Can anyone please help have updated my tomtom go app on google play now the postcode search keeps saying no address found so i do a street search and it says the same thing can i go back to the old version which worked no problem galaxy s10 andriod 10
Urgently awaiting any replies as need it tommoz

Thanks for your help inadvance

Comments

• pabapaba Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Can you provide examples that don't work?
    Have you downloaded corresponding map regions? What regions you installed?
    You can try disable online search under Menu -> TomTom services and check if it helps.
  • Tony3612Tony3612 Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    Many thanks for the reply yes have disabled that the postcode search doesnt work for example mk181gy another one rg80sb both dont work also street search not working either
    Have got europe and uk and ireland maps installed and fully upto date
    Map version 15464
    Does anyone know how i can contact tomtom technical help
    So I checked locally, I only installed two UK regions (Central, South) and those postcodes are resolved fine both with offline and online search. So it's clearly not map data issue.

igfxmryl30gl.png
    9gahyayj7qlw.png
    6o5gnz457gdq.png

Maybe fresh install will help?
    Many thanks for the reply have already uninstalled and reinstalled it
    Have just installed all maps for uk and problem has been resolved all working again
    Many thanks
    For all your help
  • evsteveevsteve Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Having exactly same problem : search not finding address or postcodes , since GO update ?
    Never had this issue on any TomTom products last 20 years 🤦‍♂️
    * before
    @evsteve for Tony it was about not having all UK regions installed, do you have all 4 subregions installed?
  • Jacob-TTJacob-TT Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same issue. Before the update I had all UK maps installed but the update got rid of them.

I've now reinstalled the app and all of the UK maps and now I can search the first four digits e.g. TQ12 gives me Newton Abbot, but when I search for a specific postcode e.g. TQ12 3QT it gives me roads nearby to where I am now with house numbers 12.

If I then click and set 'Newton Abbot' as the city I can hone in closer by typing the postcode TQ12 3QT again but it only finds 12 Priscott Way rather than the full address I want (24 Greenhill Way, Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot TQ12 3QT).

Please let me know if you need any more details. It is quite frustrating as it is practically unusable.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,584
    Superuser
    Hi @Jacob-TT

If I enter the Postcode TQ12 3QT into the Post Office Postcode finder the result is addresses from 41-58 Greenhill , Priscott Way .and includes the Greenhill Residential Home.

If I enter the address you have given ie No 24 Greenhill Way, Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot the result is the address of Moor to see Services in Unit 2 Greenhill Way except it says the post code is TQ12 3TD

Doug