MyDrive sync with GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

MyDrive sync with GO Navigation App

petiamasapetiamasa Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Still no sync between iPhone tomtomGo app and myDrive app ...
when it will work ???

Comments

• Mr_MoustMr_Moust Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Totally stupid to have several navigation units just to be able to use TomTom as intended.
    Normally I use my phone, but having planned several routes for a holiday, you also need a unit that can actually sync with My Drive, which you are required to use for planning.
    TomTom Go Mobile can´t, so therefore you need something that can.

Stupid and costy situation created by TomTom, not a brand as i use to be!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi there,

Sorry about my late reply! For now, you can only sync your 'My Places' locations from MyDrive. The 'My Routes' functionality is not supported at the moment but I'll forward this to the product team.

Cheers, lampard
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 59 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Don't worry they’ve probably overwhelmed by all that hard work on the latest update, to even begin to think about this. After all, a mute button? In car play no less?

I hope they’re all enjoying that much needed rest before they’re back to grid
  • NiestadtNiestadt Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    He guys,
    The request for synchronisation of MyDrive to TomTom Go on iPhone is open for years now. How hard can this be to implement?

User friendliness should be you main concern, isn't it?

When will this functionality become available?
    What is your (technical) problem why you can't succeed with the implementation?

KR
  • Ferdinand69Ferdinand69 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    He Guys,

Here's a request of me too, when can you make that work?? I pay for the mobile app, Tomtom go. I even miss the sync. link with my routes, what is the problem. My places is no issue, why my routes is?? I've been to the motorbeurs in Utrecht and they asked me to contact the help desk, no answer on the telefoon. It is really irritating me that this functionality doesn't work.

Can you fix this? I use this for my motorcycle routes....

FO
  • DannyBomBomDannyBomBom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Here's another request for syncing with MyDrive. I'm fairly certain this used to work, when I last used TomTom actively back in 2018. Why was this feature removed and will it be added back in?
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 370 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 3
    While TomTom is fixing the MyDrive problem, it would be very useful to have MyPlaces to use multiple categories and not store everything in one huge single place.

I would like to have the ability to load different categories like:
    • Friends and Family
    • Businesses
    • Work locations
    • Holiday

As an example, I have a set of custom POIs for when I go on holiday in Jersey (Channel Islands) that currently has over 940 POIs and that number of POIs will only increase.

I would like to add and remove the categories as needed and be able to search for places in all or each individual category.

The ability to add individual icons for each POI category would be useful as well to show on the POI list, and the map and navigation screens.

Thanks,
  • migelmigel Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited August 19
    Hello. I have a similar problem as above. Importing a route into MyDrive works. How to import the finished route to iPhone X when MyDrive does not sync ???

Mod edit: Machine translated (Czech)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,572
    Superuser
    edited August 19
    Hi @migel

The IOS Nav App has never been able to sync routes from the My Drive website or the IOS My Drive App. It has been said by Tomtom that they hope to have the syncing facility in Beta mode by the end of this year so hopefully it will be available for the standard App soon after.

Doug
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,707
    Community Manager
    Slight misunderstanding here - we're hoping to have the routes sync for end users before the end of the year.