How to instal Map of Europe - TRUCK** to GO 6200 — TomTom Community

How to instal Map of Europe - TRUCK** to GO 6200

CostiFRigomexCostiFRigomex Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hello. I have the GO6200 and puirchased yesterday Map of Europe - TRUCK** - Latest Map + 6 updates for it. I checked and it said that this device is compatible.

The problem is that I can't instal Map of Europe - TRUCK to this device. I connected the device via MyDrive Connect, but I cannot find the truck maps to instal.

What can I do? Please help me.

Thank you,

Costi

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Let's direct this to @VikramK so he could check your account.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,363
    Superuser
    Hi @CostiFRigomex

I am not certain that @VikramK is able to see the Purchased maps data so I think you will have to chase Customer Support,

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug
  • CostiFRigomexCostiFRigomex Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug. I will try to do that.
  • CostiFRigomexCostiFRigomex Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited August 19
    Information for other users interested about this topic: Truck maps are not compatible with 6200 NON Professional models.

I asked for a refund.

Thanks,
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Oh I actually wanted to ask you if yours is a Professional variant but as you checked in the website, I thought it would be silly.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,363
    Superuser
    edited August 19
    Hi @CostiFRigomex

I did wonder what would happen as I was sure I had seen somewhere that Tomtom do not support the addition of a Truck map to a Car unit.

Doug
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,619
    Superuser
    Hi @CostiFRigomex

Even if you successfully installed the map you could not have used it. The problem is that the NaVCore (the internal software) of the car devices cannot use the specifications of the truck map, speed limit, weight, height, specific POIs, etc ...
    Only Truck/Pro devices can set the size and weight of the truck. As only Camper devices that also have a specific NavCore can manage Camper maps.
    These are more expensive devices than car devices.

Regards.