Why my GO Pro 620 can’t add other maps — TomTom Community

Why my GO Pro 620 can’t add other maps

Please see the attached pictures, there’s no other maps available for adding?a5j58q45mmd1.jpeg
nh5pzhcuf7ut.jpeg

Best Answer

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Try doing a soft reset (hold the power button for more than 3 seconds) and see if it fixes something. If not, then maybe that's coming from TomTom. Let's also see what @VikramK and @lampard could do about this.
  • Winston818Winston818 Posts: 41 [Legendary Explorer]
    xwintech wrote: »
    Try doing a soft reset (hold the power button for more than 3 seconds) and see if it fixes something. If not, then maybe that's coming from TomTom. Let's also see what @VikramK and @lampard could do about this.

have done a soft reset and hard reset, still the same nothing change.

one more question is the battery icon on the top still show charging even i have unplug the charging cable. when i do a reset, the battery icon will dispear, the icon will come back when i charging.
    Hmm, sounds like a Software Problem.

Please do a recovery restore of the device by following this guide:

Hope this helps!
    edited August 18
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Winston818

You state that your unit is a Go Pro which is a truck model. As far as I am aware the truck models are only supplied with the Truck map of the region within which they are purchased. They do not come with free access to other truck maps or the worldwide car maps hence as you are in Australia the only map shown in your picture is Asia Pacific.

Doug
    hoops.

I thought all GO 520/620/5200/6200 wifi models all come with the World maps but they not as per your answer.

Maybe it's the correct answer.

Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,363
    Superuser
    Hi @Winston818

All the Car units you list do as do the Go Camper and Rider units.

Doug
    edited August 18
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Winston818

All the Car units you list do as do the Go Camper and Rider units.

Doug

So all the TRUCK/professional units do not have the world maps?

any idea about the battery icon issue?

thanks.
    Yes TRUCK/Professional units don't have world maps.

The battery icon issue is probably a software problem. If the soft reset doesn't help, take a look at my previous post in your thread.

The battery icon issue is probably a software problem. If the soft reset doesn't help, take a look at my previous post in your thread.

YES I JUST DID A RECOVERY AGAIN BUT STILL THE SAME NOTHING CHANGED.
    edited August 18

Hi i know many configuration will gone such as WiFi connection, loging account if i do a hard reset.

What will happened when the device just did a system recovery?
    the same
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,724
    Superusers
    edited August 18
    Hi
    @Winston818
    Winston818 wrote: »
    One more question is the battery icon on the top still show charging even I have unplugged the charging cable. When I do a reset, the battery icon will disappear, the icon will come back when I'm charging.
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) button... On the Menu Screen top right is a battery status Icon
    Charging... Displays when Connected to a Power supply
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg
    Full Charge... Displays when Connected or Not Connected Power supply
    ebebfcff-7cf3-43d5-9479-ef4b7f2a85ed.jpg
    Half Charge... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    5c45ac4c-1a65-45a0-9b3b-8b88879a94cc.jpg
    Low Battery... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    29b0c6f3-11f1-4d8f-9543-eef314472a31.jpg
    One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat so at a certain percentage of discharge (Unspecified)... The device will go into 'Power Saving Mode' the screen will dull, and the device will eventually turn itself off (Not Sleep)

There is a Battery Status display available on the devices Status Screen
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound Continue to hold the on/off button until the Black & White Status screen is shown.....
    c3623f43-813f-4ddf-9e35-af42824c5331.jpg

If you are worrying about the device charging, you might consider one of these gadgets

63a11bd6-9bcb-49ec-b71b-9223d7c334dd.jpgOr

b23e2fef-ffbf-4127-80b0-646533d6f987.jpg
    Simply plug the device into the USB socket and plug your lead into the USB Doctor, the device will display the Voltage and Power being used by your various USB devices
    I have one of each type they're only peanuts to buy, search Amazon/eBay for USB Doctor

ATB YFM
    the same

So that's something strange here now:

I did the recovery but the wifi connection/ my place / etc still there.

edited August 18
    Hi YamFazMan,
    My problem is even the device was unplug from the charger, it still show that the unit is charging
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg

Now that's strange, you could wait for the next update, but I am not so sure that it's a software problem. Could you clean up your cable's lead and the port in the navigation device itself? Make sure there is no moisture inside. If that still didn't help, contact TomTom Support.