Can't get past NAV4 installation — TomTom Community

Can't get past NAV4 installation

bardwellwritesbardwellwrites Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
Haven't updated my GO 600 in a while and when connecting to MyDrive Connect, it says I must update to NAV4 before updating any files. It does the download and then just sits there and says "Updating" - for hours.

Upon inspection, I found that I only had 354MB free on the device, so maybe that was causing the problem, so I added a 32GB Micro SD card. Still same situation. Won't install NAV4 and I can't get to the page to delete my old maps and move them to the new card.

Best Answer

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    32GB MicroSD won't help adding you with space. I recommend the following.
    Remove all maps from the device. Do the update, install the maps to the SD Card.
  • bardwellwritesbardwellwrites Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Okay, but how do I delete the maps if it says I must do the Navcore update first? Everything else is greyed out and I can't select it.

incu0t20bao3.jpg
    scroll down until you see the maps
    If you have a free minute, I can help you through TeamViewer.
    edited August 2020
    @xwintech Yes that would be great. How do I get you my ID and password?
    Message me personally
    I wrote you, click the Messages icon at the top near of your profile avatar.
    Sorry, but this is my first time on this forum. How do I message you personally?
    Step 1: Click on my profile picture
    xk4pcg2llc85.png

Step 2: Click the message button
    h1m5l4x3fajl.png
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,259
    Superuser
    Hi @bardwellwrites

There is not an option to delete all maps on a Nav 4 device as without a map the unit will not start.

I think you need the assistance of @VikramK to sort out how you load the Navcore when the memory is so full.

Doug
    @VikramK I was actually helping him with TeamViewer, while that happened! Navcore was successfully installed now the maps is being installed to the SD Card.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    edited August 2020
    @xwintech
    While I appreciate your proactiveness to provide help, it's also important to keep the level of support limited to the forum and avoid dependencies that would require our customers to use a 3rd party website or software to get the issue resolved.

Let us all adhere to the guidelines that we signed up when registering on the community-

Keep it spam-free. TomTom Discussions is provided as a service to TomTom customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organisations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, petitions, or any other form of unauthorised solicitation.

Situations that demand advanced troubleshooting advice can be directed to our official support channel - TomTom Customer Service.

Thank you, Vikram
    Thanks to everyone - I'm blown away by how everyone is so responsive!!!! Unfortunately, my experience on other forums is more like one to two days for a response. You guys are the best - so glad you're here!
    :)