Screen full of Stripes — TomTom Community

Screen full of Stripes

PheenyPheeny Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
Hi, my runner 2 has an unreadable screen which is just full of stripes,I've tried resetting both hard and soft but nothing helps.

Answers

• CaroleMzCaroleMz Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    Same for me. One day it was working well, 2 days later I found this problem. There was to shock, no water, anything that can explain that. Could it be planned obsolescence ? I would like TomTom staff to answer that.
  • PheenyPheeny Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    I left it plugged in to see what would happen and now all I have is a grey (blank) screen...
    and like magic the stripes are back...
    and the mystery continues as now its back to a blank screen...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    Pheeny wrote: »
    Hi, my runner 2 has an unreadable screen which is just full of stripes,I've tried resetting both hard and soft but nothing helps.

It is a bad display and is likely unfixable. Try a factory rest but that will be unlikely to do anything. If it is under warranty still contact support using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Otherwise throw it out and get a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    CaroleMz wrote: »
    Same for me. One day it was working well, 2 days later I found this problem. There was to shock, no water, anything that can explain that. Could it be planned obsolescence ? I would like TomTom staff to answer that.

This is a user form so TT Staff will not answer and there is no Sports staff considering TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago, As to planned obsolescence the last watch was released almost 4 years ago so that is simple obsolescence, no planning required,