What is causing my devices to turn off nad then back on non stop?. — TomTom Community

What is causing my devices to turn off nad then back on non stop?.

I have a GO Supreme, after I turn it on the screen loads then it turns off and turns back on just keeps cycling like this. What is causing this and how do I fix this issue?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,262
    Superuser
    Hi @Bearman66

Can you Press and hold the ON/OFF button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear a drumroll sound. If you can what happens then.

Doug
  • Bearman66Bearman66 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for the response, I ended having to perform the reboot process about 4 times and now it is working.
    thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,262
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Bearman66

Have you loaded a number of maps and they are all on the internal memory if so what free memory have you got on the internal memory. You will find the value in:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap About

If it is less than 400 mb this could be the cause. The operating system uses some of the free internal memory for operational purposes and more than 400mb is recommended. You can install maps on an extra memory micro SD class 10 card Maximum 32gb.

Also are you using the supplied Charger unit and cable. If you are attaching the cable to a USB socket in the vehicle that will not supply enough power to run the unit and keep it charged up.

Doug