tom tom 520 professional just over a year old will not reboot — TomTom Community

tom tom 520 professional just over a year old will not reboot

the 520 starts up and gets approx half way down maps loading screen and the goes into screen with computer monitor and tom tom with broken wire.
Ive connected tom tom with laptop still no joy just keeps rebooting in a loop over and over again
cant ring you customer service line for help as you are only open when i am at work

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,706
    Superuser
    Hi @Rickuk2020

Lets see if @VikramK can advise after having a look at your logs on the TT servers when he is on the forum tomorrow.

There are no phone lines open to Customer support with so many working from home. Here is deaths of how to contact customer support by Chat or Email

.https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,552 Moderator
    Hi @Rickuk2020

Welcome to the Community! The team pushed a Navcore update on your device, please do a soft reset on the device login and check for updates when connected to a WiFi internet connection. Once the device is rebooted after the update, log off from MyDrive on the device and test to see if it's still happening.

Regards, lampard
  • Rickuk2020Rickuk2020 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hello i have already done a soft reset and just keeps freezing on the maps and goes straight to the screen with a cross on it
    so still not sure how to proceed
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,552 Moderator
    Hi @Rickuk2020

I think it's best if you can get in touch with our support via Chat/Email and they'll be able to assist you further.

Regards, lampard
  • Winston818Winston818 Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    Rickuk2020 wrote: »
    hello i have already done a soft reset and just keeps freezing on the maps and goes straight to the screen with a cross on it
    so still not sure how to proceed

Hi,
    If you keep digging the posts here then you will find there are many users (including me) have the same problems and still waiting for the solution.
    I think TomTom should pay more attentions on improving their NavCore.
  • Rickuk2020Rickuk2020 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    do you know if anyone has had an answer that fixes the problem or have they just got a clue
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,989
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Rickuk2020
    Welcome to the site....

It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device....

When the device is in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be connected to your PC using the supplied USB Cable with MyDrive Connect running in the background for the Recovery process to complete....

MyDrive Connect must be running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect...

Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

See Tomtom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out....

This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....
    You may need to contact Tomtom Support on Monday....

Due to COVID-19 the Tomtom Support phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Stay Safe... ATB YFM