My notifications is not showing up — TomTom Community

My notifications is not showing up

qwekyqweky Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
About a week ago i got a tomtom gps watch from my dad. He has used the device previously and now its mine. I went thru the setup process and everything wnet just fine. I had the app and i got all of my stats synced with the watch so I knew it was connected but I didn't get any notifications to my watch. I have turned on notifications in the app and on the watch but I still don't get them. I was wondering what could be wrong (I am using an iPhone 11 if that matters)?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    All you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone.
  • qwekyqweky Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    All you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone.

But me and my dad tried different apps like iMessage and it didn't work
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    qweky wrote: »
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

But me and my dad tried different apps like iMessage and it didn't work

You have to understand that you are trying to use an obsolete, discontinued device that never worked well in the first place. Notifications were an afterthought that never worked as it should have. Your only option is to reset the connection following these steps and hope for the best. The watch is out of warranty (TT Sports is out of business (has been for 2.5 years) and support is minimal as they are obsolete. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.