TomTom Go 5100 - no traffic services - GPRS Status Disconnected — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 5100 - no traffic services - GPRS Status Disconnected

MikeR1972MikeR1972 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello

I have a problem with my Go 5100. I'm in the UK and have tried phoning 0207 949 0134 but it says I need to use Chat which I can't find anywhere. Here's my problem:

No traffic services for the past few days. GPRS Status: Disconnected (23415,0,0,0,10,1).

Tried soft reset and hard reset. After a hard reset it won't let me logon to activate the services - it says "Oops. We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later." Tried changing password. MyDrive connect works fine.

Would be very grateful with help either with the problem or how I can speak to or chat to someone at TomTom.

Thanks

Mike

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,700
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @MikeR1972

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

When you have signed in on the next page Tap Red Contact Us

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Box appears with Chat/Email

Doug
  • MikeR1972MikeR1972 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @MikeR1972

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Chat is during normal working hours only and is very busy and you may have to try a few times to get into Chat.

There is currently no Phone line Customer Support with so many working from home.

If you have a problem with the above link try another browser.

You could also try Clicking on Contact Us ant the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

Type Help in next box the hit return

Hey box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Doug

Many thanks DougLap!
  • solonjlanesolonjlane Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    @DougLap I have the same problem with a Go 6100. Moving from Europe to USA it seems I need support to transition GPRS networks?

The link above now directs me back to these forums and support chat seems to be inoperative right now as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Superuser
    Hi @solonjlane

Tomtom are not currently promoting in the US the sale of TT units with inbuilt mobile sims presumably because there may be an issue with the availability of a 2g mobile device which is what the sims work on.

You could try the following to contact Customer Support but ensuring you are logged onto the US webpage.

Try Clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of this page under the heading Support.

Type Help in next box then hit return

Help box appears with a few suggestions. Just Tap the Contact Us at the bottom

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,973
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @solonjlane
    Welcome to the site....
    solonjlane wrote: »
    @DougLap I have the same problem with a Go 6100. Moving from Europe to USA it seems I need support to transition GPRS networks?
    The link above now directs me back to these forums and support chat seems to be inoperative right now as well. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    As Doug says the SIM will NOT work in the States....
    Maybe user @dhn will pick this up and explain how the Traffic connection works in Canada and the US... I think they use a dedicated App but I doubt it will work with a Europe/UK device ???

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    Hi @solonjlane

Further to the above comments devices such as yours were sold on the basis that the Traffic facility would only work in the region within which the device was originally sold. However I am aware of instances where people like you have moved to another region contacting Customer Support and their settings have been changed by TT to enable Traffic to work in their new homeland.

If as we suspect the sim may not function then it will depend on the mobile phone what you will need to do to get the traffic data. If it is an IPhone then there is an issue if it is using IOS13 or later as the prescribed method does not work. Come back here for help if you will have that issue.

Doug