How to install 2.2.3 to SD card like previous version — TomTom Community

How to install 2.2.3 to SD card like previous version

grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I have upgraded to 2.2.3 but the install and maps no longer go my SD card instead filling phone memory. How can ensure it goes please?.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,147
    Superusers
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks but no the reinstall has just put it back on my phone, not the SD card. It was fine before now a big problem as not enough room. Please if someone could tell me how to solve this (perhaps TomTom could help) I'd be very grateful. Thanks
    Come on Tom Tom, no support as usual........
    So I have been emailing Tom Tom support directly regarding this issue and followed various instructions to delete orphaned files. However, the reinstall of both the app and maps still insist on going to the phone and not the SD card. I am sure this must be a developer issue as Motorola (my phone is a G5) tell me that some developers insist on this. Is anyone else having the same issue. Any help would be gratefull received.

Also if there is a TT rep out there, please could you escalate my case and ask for someone to contact me to solve.

A very simple update seems to have turned into something quite complicated. Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @grof

We started rolling out the new version 2.3 to a small number of users which has support for SD cards formatted as internal storage. It should be available to all users in a couple of days.

Regards, lampard