I purchased lifetime worldwide maps on my device and now I don't seem to be able to download US maps — TomTom Community

I purchased lifetime worldwide maps on my device and now I don't seem to be able to download US maps

avluckavluck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I purchased a Go Professional 6250 I believe it is which comes with lifetime worldwide maps. I'm travelling to the US next year so wanted to use it. When I try and update/install new maps I only have the option for my current map which is Truck Europe. Is there a reason for this? I can't seem to get any support from Tomtom.
Thank you in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• avluckavluck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi DougLap

Thank you for getting back to me. I have looked on the TT website and it says my device is compatible with the map I want - the US, Florida in particular. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be available. It still gives me updates which I carry out regularly so I know the device is still covered under the "lifetime" part of the deal.
    I do see what you mean in the description for the product by I am certain that I've read on numerous occasions it has worldwipe maps.

I'll await the next response but thank you very much for your reply.

Adam
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,993
    Superuser
    Hi @avluck

@VikramK is on holiday so I have flagged @lampard to see if he can confirm whether the Go Professional 6250 comes with World Maps which is what you thought but is not clear on the website.

By the way when you go to the US do you need the Truck Map or are you going there and will just be using a car so a car map would be suitable.

You will need to add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card size 16gb or Max 32 gb to the unit as the US map and the European map will not all fit on the internal memory. I would recommend a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make as some of the lesser known cards have had issues in TT units.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Hi @avluck

Welcome to the Community! GO PRO 6250 is a Trucker device that comes with the regional Truck maps i.e. Europe for you. Only premium and camper devices have the World maps on it.

Regards, lampard
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,993
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @avluck

There is the answer. So if you want the USA map then you can decide if you want a car or a Truck version and then will have to pay for it.

Doug
  • avluckavluck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello

I was sure that it came with Worldwide Maps. I'm going to check I've 100% given the correct model number. Thank you for your help though, its very much appreciated.
    Adam