tomtom go 620 wifi - How to interrupt a recovery loop?
tomtom go 620 wifi
my tomtom go 620 wifi has the same problem as others:
- After some power cycles it entered the recovery mode.
- I started mydrive connect (windows 10) and connect the tomtom via usb.
- Mydrive reported "Ihr Gerät wird wieder instandgesetzt." (reported recovery operation).
- Mydrive downloaded from the web (ca. 50 Mbit/s for 60 s).
- Mydrive may copy the program into the tomtom.
- The tomtom restarted, a white bar from the lower left corner growed to the lower right corner.
- The tomtom rebooted two times and shows the recovery screen.
- And the loop started again with download from the web ...
After 12h (half a day) I stopped it by disconnecting usb, on-off button was ignored.
I also cleared the subdirectories of the tomtom appdata - without effect to the recovery loop.
I opened the tomtom and disconnected the battery for more than 60s. It resets the RTC but didn't affect the recovery loop.
Tomtom runs a linux system which may check the sd card for a bootable system.
How to prepare the sd card to recover the system?