icon for a TomTom Camper 2019, can no longer be found in institutions — TomTom Community

icon for a TomTom Camper 2019, can no longer be found in institutions

albert54albert54 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,
I am in possession of a TomTom Camper 2019, where I can no longer select a vehicle. the icon for, can no longer be found in institutions

Best Answer

• albert54albert54 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info and the help.
    Camper map Europe downloaded as suggested and problem solved.

Albert54

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @albert54

If the unit is a GO Camper this is almost inevitably because the map selected is not a Camper map but a Car one..

Firstly Tap Menu/Tap Settings/Tap Maps
    What map do your see displayed there and does it say Camper if not then if you Tap on it is there a Camper map you can switch to.

If not then Tap Menu/Tap Settings/TapMaps/ Tap Add a Map. Is there a Camper map offered , there should be 4 of them amongst all the other car based maps you can also use.

If you have got a Europe Car map on the internal memory and no Extra memory card then you will have to delete the Europe map which you will not be able to do if it is the only map on the unit. Go to Add a Map and Add Iceland then you will be able to delete the Europe map. By the way leave the Iceland map on the unit because it is very small and will enable you to run the unit normally if you lose your main map during an update.

Doug
    edited August 2020
    Hi,
    I cannot select a Caravan as the symbol has disappeared after one of the latest updates.
    How do I get this back.
    Current map is Europe 1050.10189
    Map Europe Camper cannot be downloaded.
    "Keep getting the following message, Oops something went wrong. Please try again.
    Available space 31.90 GB
    Superuser
    Hi @albert54

See my post on your other topic re same matter. Post this there so a Mod can see what has happened and what has been suggested so far.

Doug
    Hi Doug,

I can not find another topic, do not know where it is.
    That is why this 2nd topic has been created with an additional problem.

Albert54
    No symbol for vehicles in men Go Camper 2019

Hi,
    I cannot select a Caravan as the symbol has disappeared after one of the latest updates.
    How do I get this back.
    Current map is Europe 1050.10189
    Map Europe Camper cannot be downloaded.
    "Keep getting the following message, Oops something went wrong. Please try again.
    Available space 31.90 GB

Albert54

Superuser
    Hi @albert54

Maybe @lampard can check the logs for your unit on the TT servers and if necessary ensure the Camper maps will be available for you to download.

You say that you have 31.90gb available. I assume this is on an Extra memory card you have put in. have you formatted the card in the Go Camper?

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Format memory card.

Also did you do as I recommended and add the Iceland map.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info and the help.
    Camper map Europe downloaded as suggested and problem solved.

Albert54
    Superuser
    Hi @albert54

Glad you are sorted.

Doug