Has Tom Tom been hacked? Nothing works! — TomTom Community

Has Tom Tom been hacked? Nothing works!

EnuffisenuffEnuffisenuff Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Mydrive connect - have downloaded/uninstalled/reloaded so many times I can't count. Latest version - incompatible. Any version - incompatible. And yet it worked not long ago. Click it..... lucky if it opens within 10min. Try to login... and it suggests I try logging in... but does nothing. Login screen just hangs... and does nothing. The best I can get is Try again when you have internet..... though I have full service/connection with very fast server.
Another try, maybe two and the Tom Tom visits the bin, Garmin here I come.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Enuffisenuff

You have not stated what computer and what operating software so difficult to try and help you if we can.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @Enuffisenuff
    Welcome to the site....
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the left over files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....

Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Important... For bullet-point (4) DO NOT have your device connected to your PC
    (4)... Reinstall MyDrive Connect
    (5)... Connect & turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Note... NEVER have your Tomtom device connected to your PC
    When....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)

Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775
    Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • EnuffisenuffEnuffisenuff Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Ok, one of you must have done something... You must know stuff... But then again.... Toshiba Satellite Pro. Downloaded older version AND IT WORKED and let me login.... but then said I needed to update to latest version and back to hanging, nothing, no login, click this click that, smash with hammer... We'll, I'm off to watch Tron (the first one) to see what I can do here...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Enuffisenuff

I suggest you follow @YamFazMan 's suggestion then load the version of the My Drive Connect software for the Windows operating system on your PC. You should also make sure you have the latest updates for the Windows software loaded as well.

Doug