When do you update firmware for TT550 due to is not working with iOS13 and for sure 14 too??? — TomTom Community

When do you update firmware for TT550 due to is not working with iOS13 and for sure 14 too???

iter one year you do not fix the issue with apple utilisers -- so what do you waiting for???
We okay for a smart navigator and it is not working!!!
weak up please!!!

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 301 [Supreme Pioneer]
    This is a TomTom community, not support. Contact TomTom Support for such questions.
  • aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    TT support doesn't answer at this question since 12 months,,,, so I want understand if someone form TT is reading at least their forum due to after 19 pages of this issue no act from TT... it is a shame
    Pretty sure TomTom doesn't.
    You can call the support itself btw.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,701
    Superuser
    Hi @aliasGEB

The problem arose when Apple released IOS13 which I think includes a security change which stops My Drive from working as it was designed. It would appear to me that a simple change to the My Drive App is not an option or indeed any major revamp of My Drive that can rectify the situation otherwise I would have expected Tomtom to have released a new version.

I assume that Apple will not undo the security change, and maybe for very good reasons, .
    I am sure that Tomtom are fully aware of the comments on the forum, it would be very bad if they didn't with their Mods on it nearly daily so it would seem that Tomtom choose not to comment as they don't on future developments.

Doug
  • aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited August 2020
    Agree Doug on security from Apple.. problem is that TT after 12 months doesn't update firmware or App and is selling TT550 as fully compatible wit Apple and Android (and it is not for sure for Apple iOS13).
    The support doesn't replay on it and it continues to say to reinstall my app to solve the problem.. really???
    So it is not that TT is not sharing info on new develop .. they ignore users for a year.. that the really shame I want point out.. and again.. they are selling TT550 today as compatible!!!

Lamps