No Voice instructions — TomTom Community

No Voice instructions

batalhabatalha Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I lost voice instructions on my TomTom GO51, the only voice instructions I get is the ETA

Best Answer

Answers

• batalhabatalha Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    yes it did have the line through it, I tapped it, hopefully its okay now, on my next trip tomorrow I will test and let you know. Thanks for the help.
    I just tested it again and now I don't even have ETA voice. On my My Drive under contents installed none of the voices are available.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    Hi
    @batalha
    See....
    Only the day/night icon should be slashed though....

o5glm0ir9epl.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    still no sound instrucions, I should have never bought a TomTom, BAD purchase. Never again
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,183
    Superuser
    Hi @batalha

So if, using the diagram @YamFazMan man posted above, the Speaker Icon on the left end of the Volume Bar has no line through it and the Voice icon on the righthand end of the Volume bar also does not have a line through it, as in the picture, then check the following.

Tap Menu/Tap Settings/Tap Sounds and Warnings/Tap Warning Type and if Visual only then Tap that and change to Read Aloud.

If that is okay then I would do a Factory Reset.

Firstly go to the My Drive Website and check that all your My Places etc are saved there.then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will return the unit to the Out of the Box situation except the Operating Software and Map versions currently on the unit will not be affected. Set the unit up with language/Account etc and when the unit logs into your account it should restore all your My Places.

Doug