Hi, I cannot get voice control working on my Tomtom Go 6200 it says 'Voice control cannot be used wi — TomTom Community

Hi, I cannot get voice control working on my Tomtom Go 6200 it says 'Voice control cannot be used wi

Hi, I cannot get voice control working on my Tomtom Go 6200 it says 'Voice control cannot be used with your display language' Device was bought in Switzerland and is used there. Voice currently selected is 'Jane'

Best Answers

Answers

• Aks1991_TomAks1991_Tom Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply Doug, How and where from do I download Serena or Malcolm, to enable Voice Control? Does buying the Tomtom Go 6200 in Switz mean that the language is set for German?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,191
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Aks1991_Tom

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Language and Units
    Tap language and it will show what the unit is set for. You can try changing it to English (UK) if its not already on that if that is what you want. You Tap on the current language displayed and you get a list.

Regarding getting the required voices when you have decided what Language you want the unit to work with then advise here and we can ask one of the Mods to add the appropriate voices to your account so you can add them to the unit.

Doug
    Hi Douglap,

It is currently set to langauage = English (UK) Country = Switz.

I want the unit to work with English voice control so please provide Mods to enable this.

I have account with TOMTOM mydrive is the Mod downloaded there or on to this Forum?
    Superuser
    Hi @Aks1991_Tom

I assume the account you use the GO6200 on is the same as you log on to in this forum.

Hopefully @VikramK can add the voices today otherwise it will be Monday before he will be back on the forum.

Doug
    I have not used Forums before so I thought I had to create new account to access this forum.
    My account to GO6200 is different? What do I need to do now to get Mods done/sent?
    Thanks DougLap ...

I have sent him your suggestions and my details. Now waiting for a response.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @Aks1991_Tom

Welcome to the Community on my behalf! I've added the Serena and Malcolm voices to your device, download them when connected to the WiFi network.

Regards, lampard

P.S. thanks Doug!
    Hi Lampard,

Many thanks for the mods to down load Serena and Malcolm voices onto my Tomtom unit.

The Voice control now works fine.

Thanks also to DougLap for all the help and advice.
  • CowleyCowley Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Reading the above I need the same download of Serena to make my voice control work.
    Can you help please?
    Superuser
    Hi @Cowley

Look back tomorrow to see if @VikramK has added the voice to your account.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,097 Moderator
    Hi @Cowley
    Welcome to the community!
    Voice added, Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect..

Thanks, Vikram
  • zxkumizxkumi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    hello vikaram i'm having the same issue ,i have sent you the serial number of my tomom go51 device ,please add serena an melcom to my account . thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,097 Moderator
    edited August 2020
    @zxkumi
    Welcome to the community! Check for updates now... The voice(Serena) should be offered as a download :)

'Malcolm' is not compatible with the GO 50/51 device.

Thanks, Vikram