TomTom Go Subscription Does not appear in Google Play Account - Unable to Cancel — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Subscription Does not appear in Google Play Account - Unable to Cancel

Hi,

I recently purchased a monthly TomTom Go subscription from within the Go App. When I go to Subscriptions->Manage from within the App (which takes me to my Google Play account, Subscriptions page), no TomTom subscriptiotn is shown.

Please can somebody confirm how I am therefore able to cancel my subscription, if it is not shown in my Play account?

Many thanks for any help.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,658
    Superuser
    Hi @Trailerman

Hopefully @lampard can help with this when he is back on the forum tomorrow.

Doug
  • TrailermanTrailerman Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,519 Moderator
    Hi @Trailerman

Welcome to the Community! Have you used a different email account for purchasing the subscription? The email address you used here has no subscription to it.

Regards, lampard
    That's correct, the email address I use for my Google Play Store account is different to the email address associated with my account here. I'd be happy to PM you the address in question if it helps.
    Hi there,

Can you first reset the app from Main Menu and open it again to login with the email address by which you purchase the subscription? In the main menu, please go to TomTom Services and log in to your account. You can then restore your purchases.

Regards, lampard
    Sorry Lampard, I'm not entirely clear what you're asking. The subscription when purchased from within the app, is purchased through the Google Play Store, is that not correct? So it will have been purchased using my Google Play Store email address.

I have reset the app and logged in using my Google Play store email. As before, I see my monthly subscription in the app, but 'Manage', which takes me to my Google Play account, shows no TomTom subscription.

Very grateful for your further advice.

Jules
    I have also tried logging in with my original TomTom account (which uses a different email to my Google Play Store account). This shows the same monthly subscription in the app, but again 'Manage' takes me to my Google PLay account which shows no subscription.

All a bit confusing - no matter what email I login with, the subscription cannot be managed.
    Hi @Trailerman

When you buy a subscription, it gets activated on the e-mail address you used in the app (TomTom Login) and manage subscriptions (Autorenewal, cancellation etc.) can be done through your Google account which is used in Playstore when you make purchases. You can confirm the same by going into the 'Playstore' app on phone > Click on small picture icon at the top right (Just beside the voice search icon) > Then click on the arrow pointing downwards > Here you can see the accounts you are using. I think its best to get in touch with our support via Chat/Email and they'll be able to rectify this for you.

Regards, lampard
    Hi Lampard - thanks for your help.

Presumably if this is about accounts and emails, then if I log into Google Play with my TomTom account I should see my subscription. I just tried this, using the same email address as my TomTom account, but there are no subscriptions shown at all.

Please can you advise what the chat/email contact details for TomTom support are?

Many thanks,.

Jules
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Trailerman

Try this

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Also Chat is during normal working hours.

Doug
    Thanks Doug!
  • ReTechNLReTechNL Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    @Trailerman have you found an answer yet? My subscription is also not available in Google play. I got the new subscription with the new app.
    No, I've not found a solution I'm afraid, and TomTom support are so far unresponsive (no answer in 3 days). Not ideal.
    TomTom support responded, but as is often the case had misunderstood my question. I am still trying to find a solution to this frustrating issue. I have my subscription visible in the app, I have the same email address in use as I use for my Google Play account, but when I press 'Manage' to access my subscriptions and cancel if necessary, I am taken to a page that shows no subscriptions. How am I supposed to manage my subscriptions??

Jules.
    Superuser
    Hi @Trailerman

Maybe @lampard can respond to this with a suggestion.

Doug
  • pabapaba Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Trailerman,

If you bought subscription on app in version 2.+ then those subscriptions are auto renewing and managed through your playstore account. They are not tied to TomTom account.

You can access and manage them even from computer's web browser, here you can found more info
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7673989

Here how it looks on my google account:
    1vc2xabpwzyn.png

If you don't see it there then it's something to pickup with Playstore customer care.

Navigation products bought on app version <2 are not auto renewing and are tied to TomTom account even if they are bought through Playstore. But they are consumable products so nothing to manage.

Hope that helps.
    Subscription finally appeared in my Google Play account 3 weeks after I originally subscribed.