tomtom rider 550 no longer turns on — TomTom Community

tomtom rider 550 no longer turns on

g_depadova61g_depadova61 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
suddenly my navigator no longer turns on. the display shows a pc monitor and the navigator drawing with red Xs. The pc does not recognize it. I tried to do a hard reset but it is not successful. The appliance was purchased less than two years ago at a dealer in my country (GIOIA DEL COLE BA 70023). I await your welcome.
In the past I have used the telephone service with excellent results but now I understand that it no longer exists. Good job and thank you

Answers

• g_depadova61g_depadova61 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I would ask you to answer me by email. thank you.
    [email protected]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    Welcome to the site....
    @g_depadova61
    This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....
    Due to COVID-19 the Tomtom Support phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode for the Recovery process to complete....
    The device MUST be connected over a USB Cable...
    MyDrive Connect running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect....
    Tomtom FAQ....
    Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM