Lost Traffic and all Live Services around 3 weeks ago. — TomTom Community

Lost Traffic and all Live Services around 3 weeks ago.

Around 3 weeks ago I noticed I wasn't getting Traffic info on my Live 825 device. My Live Services subscription is valid until November and I have factory reset twice, but still no Live services . Device is also updated via MyDrive Connect. How do I get the services back?

Answers

• NicsimNicsim Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    After doing some digging, it seems I might have to turn on Info Sharing in the settings, but I don't see anywhere to do this on my device. Some help would be much appreciated. I love my live traffic - it's a life saver sometimes.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,357
    Superuser
    Hi @Nicsim

Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
    Tap Settings .
    Tap the arrow in the bottom on the left or right until you see the Me and my device button.
    Tap Me and my device .
    Tap My information .
    Tap Yes to start sending information

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Nicsim

Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
    Tap Settings .
    Tap the arrow in the bottom on the left or right until you see the Me and my device button.
    Tap Me and my device .
    Tap My information .
    Tap Yes to start sending information

Doug

Hi @DougLap .
    Thanks for the reply. I think this is where the issue is. I scroll all the way through the menus and there's no section for "Me and My Device" or anything similar. I'm not sure if this is something that's happened to anyone else. It#s almost like it needs a software fix.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @Nicsim

If the section-"Me and My Device" is missing then it's a known bug, please contact our customer service. They are equipped with tools to remotely send a software patch that will fix the issue.

Thanks, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Nicsim

If the section-"Me and My Device" is missing then it's a known bug, please contact our customer service. They are equipped with tools to remotely send a software patch that will fix the issue.

Thanks, Vikram

Hi @VikramK .

What's the best way to contact Customer Service please?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,357
    Superuser
    edited August 3
    Hi @Nicsim

Does this work for you.

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Nicsim

Does this work for you.

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Thanks @DougLap
    I got through to a guy that I stepped through my menus and sent screen photos to. Second level should be contacting me in 24-48 hours.
    Still waiting...
  • kieronkieron Posts: 416
    Superusers
    edited August 9
    Hi there Nicsim -

I remember a few years back, the same issue had occurred on my
    Go Live 825.
    If you have an SD card fitted, then with your GL825 switched off, remove the SD card, then turn on the GL825 continuing to hold the power button until you hear the drumroll sound, then release the power button.
    The section “Me and My Device” was then reinstated which allowed you to access the “Information Sharing”.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,897 Moderator
    Nicsim wrote: »
    Still waiting...

Hi @Nicsim

I have sent a heads up to the customer service about this and looks like your case is escalated to the technical team. Someone from the team will follow up shortly.

Regards, lampard