Replacement (warranty) holder tomtom rider

edwinstam1985
edwinstam1985 Registered Users Posts: 11
Legendary Explorer
Hello guys, im sorry if this is not the right place to put this, but I really can't get any other contact possibility as im constantly redirected to the discussions page.

I bought the latest tomtom rider series 1,5 year ago. As I travel a lot by bike (most of the times, 40.000 km a year ;)) it seems that the mount that was added to the navigation system was not really created for harsh and variable weather conditions. The plastic cracked around the joint (where the device turns in 90 degree turns).

(please see attached images) kbsuf6bbwjqh.jpg
ddtv9m6d4mm7.jpg

Is it possible to receive a replacement (if possible under warranty?). I found the replacement in online stores, but to be honest, I would be disappointed if this isn't covered under the warranty.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Hi @edwinstam1985

Welcome to the community! Unfortunately not much help I can provided you on a public forum. I would suggest that you contact customer service. They would be in a better position to assist you with this.

See this topic- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Regards
    Vikram
  • ChrisHall
    ChrisHall Registered Users Posts: 262
    Exalted Navigator
    edited September 21
    I've had my second Rider 400 mount fail. The release lever is broken off. So that's another £50 to shell out.
    The mount has a design fault - When the release lever is pushed back as far as it will go the locking tabs for the device do not move completely clear of the mounting face. To release the device requires the release lever to be pushed against the back of the mount, the release tab starts to bend (the rear of the mount acts as a pivot point on the release lever) - over a period of time until finally the locking tabs won't release and attempts to release it breaks the release lever.

On the other mount I've filed the rear of the mount flat so the release lever doesn't pivot on it.

0euxao3n4r0n.jpg
    whpkqwsdknx6.jpg