Go 6200 Problem with connection to TomTom Traffic — TomTom Community

Go 6200 Problem with connection to TomTom Traffic

DavideZDavideZ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]

[EN]

Hello,
I have a TomTom Go 6200 Model Name: 4PL60 S/N: ZA5198I00111 and lately I have encountered a problem with the TomTom Traffic service.
Since I purchased the product, all the services including TomTom Traffic worked quietly without being connected via Wi-Fi, computer or Bluetooth, but I presume precisely via integrated SIM as described both on the site and on the packaging.
However, since I made the last update (including a system update), TomTom Services no longer work unless they are connected to one of the options mentioned above, as if the integrated SIM no longer works...
In fact, even the status of GPRS gives me as "Disconnected"...

Application version:
19.201.0010.411 (0) (27/09/2019)
GPRS model:

I look forward to your reply with the hope of solving the problem, because this situation is much more uncomfortable than having an "Always Connected" TomTom as it was before...
Many thanks in advance.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,149
    Superuser
    Hi @DavideZ

If your unit is connected to your Wifi then the Inbuilt Mobile Sim will show as disconnected as that is what it is designed to do.

If you take the unit outside the range of the Wifi does the Sim still show as disconnected.

If it is I would do a Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not sort it then a Factory Reset.
    Make sure the unit is well charged or attached to a power source, Then having checked on the My Drive Website that your My Places etc are saved there then

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device
    The reset will not change the Operating software or Map versions on your unit.

If that does not sort it then contact Customer Support.

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Google Translation

Se la tua unità è connessa al tuo Wifi, Inbuilt Mobile Sim apparirà disconnesso in quanto è ciò che è progettato per fare.

Se porti l'unità fuori dalla portata del Wifi, il Sim mostra comunque come disconnesso.

Se lo è, farei un Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Se ciò non lo ordina, ripristina le impostazioni di fabbrica.
    Assicurati che l'unità sia ben caricata o collegata a una fonte di alimentazione, quindi dopo aver verificato sul sito Web I miei file che i tuoi luoghi personali ecc. Vengono salvati lì

Tocca Menu
    Tocca Impostazioni
    Tocca Sistema
    Tocca Ripristina dispositivo
    Il ripristino non modificherà il software operativo o le versioni della mappa sull'unità.

Se ciò non lo ordina, contattare l'assistenza clienti.

Vai in fondo a questa pagina e seleziona Contattaci sotto la voce Supporto
    Accedi alla pagina che si apre
    Tocca il rosso Contattaci
    Digita Aiuto nella casella Rossa e premi Invio
    Viene visualizzata una finestra di aiuto con una serie di suggerimenti. Seleziona Contattaci nella parte inferiore della casella.
    Ora ricevi una casella con Chat / Email. opzioni

La chat è molto affollata, quindi potresti dover provare alcune volte prima di ottenere una connessione.

Doug