TomTom Go 6200- Rebooting in a loop — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 6200- Rebooting in a loop

I have a TomTomGo 6200 ZAxxxxxxxxx020 (0)
Recently it starts in a loop after the start up every few minutes.

Is there more experience with this and can this be remedied or repaired?

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,140
    Superuser
  • Hermann_SalzburgHermann_Salzburg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited August 7
    I have the quite same problem. I managed to recover my GO 6200 but that didn't solve the problem. Still rebooting from time to time while navigating

It seemed to me that the rebooting didn't occur (at least not so often) when I was not logged in. Not sure about that any more...

BTW: I bought my GO6200 in August 2017 and I have already been struggling with that for a year.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,466
    Superusers
    edited August 7
    Hi
    @Hermann_Salzburg
    Welcome to the site....
    The World Lifetime maps are/will always be available from your Tomtom Cloud Account to be installed/deleted as required....
    Its best NOT to stuff your device full of map as the device uses some onboard memory is used as working space (The bare minimum working space is 400 MB) but the more free space the faster and more stable the device will operate
    If you rarely/never use/need a particular Map what's the point of installing it....

Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device... I turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates
    Its no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password
    Another benefit of logging out of Wi-Fi... I find the device is more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....

Logout of your Wi-Fi....
    (You can't actually logout you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Hermann_SalzburgHermann_Salzburg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your help. I'll try if "forgetting" Wi-Fi will help.
  • mitricmitric Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited August 8
    my tomtom go camper 6250 ZA......0 will not start or connect to wi-fi

just getting a warning triangle in image of device with a broken white line to computer

monitor with red cross

can anybody help going on holiday soon and need sat nav to work
  • bigbig Posts: 1,626
    Superuser
    Sounds like your 6250 is in recovery mode. It needs to download a fresh copy of its firmware to get running again. Yes, a 6250 normally connects via WiFi, but a device in recovery mode can't do that. So...

You need to connect your 6250 via a USB cable to an internet-enabled computer. The computer has to have MyDriveConnect running on it. As long as MyDriveConnect is running the computer's internet connection will be shared with your 6250, allowing it to download the appropriate firmware.

If you don't already have MyDriveConnect it can be downloaded from here:
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/