SIM card won't update, Bluetooth won't connect for data in the uk — TomTom Community

SIM card won't update, Bluetooth won't connect for data in the uk

Can't speak to a human being, even on chat. Also My old tomtom device which broke had a more up to date map than my present on a can get. What is going on ????????
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,178
    Superuser
    Hi @Simon_999

Is this a different matter you to the other question you post a few minutes ago and so what exactly is the problem.

Doug
  • Simon_999Simon_999 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Will not connect via Bluetooth for data transfer, map will not update to the latest version and also seems to be on a go-slow!! There doesn't seem to be ANY customer service on the UK to get this sorted!!!!!!!!!!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,178
    Superuser
    Hi @Simon_999

First of all if it is on a Go Slow then a Soft Reset is an idea

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Next check the available free memory in Settings/System/About. If this is less than 400mb then performance will be affected.

Re not getting Map updates hopefully @VikramK can have as look to check your settings on the TT servers.

Re customer service there are no phone lines with many working from home. Try the following. You may see a slight difference when you have signed in on the page as suggested. If there click on the Red Contact Us.

Type Help in next box

Help box with a list of suggestions just click the Contact us at the bottom
    you then get a box with Chat/ Email .

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,284 Moderator
    Hi @Simon_999

To activate the lifetime maps, I would recommend that you do a factory reset, log in again into TomTom services and check for updates when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

The GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 comes with a buit-in SIM so should not require a Bluetooth connection to receive Traffic information.

Regards, Vikram
  • Simon_999Simon_999 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The built in SIM isn't working, not Bluetooth for data. There is 3.98gb left in the memory. I'll backup with a lead and try and factory reset. Thanks.