live traffic — TomTom Community

live traffic

stevenpamstevenpam Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
live traffic connects whilst at home but once in the car bluetooth through my phone or an alternative phone fails after a short while and then I am on my own ! any ideas ....we have tried resets on phones and tomtom....this is a replacement unit after wifi issues with my original unit

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @stevenpam

Your GO6200 should not need a Phone or wifi for Traffic as it is designed to use the inbuilt Mobile Sim.

Try a Soft Reset then go outside to make sure it can pick up a signal.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • stevenpamstevenpam Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi, I have tried every rest known to science.....I have even connected with a different phone and whilst we are at home lots fine ....within 5 miles of travelling contact is lost and does not come back even when reset and everything else is tried .........however on return to home ......all is fine again
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @stevenpam

Lets ask @VikramK to check the settings on your unit are correct or not on the Tomtom servers. Look back tomorrow to see what he has to say.

In the meantime

Your unit will reconnect when you return home because it is connecting to the Wifi and getting Traffic that way. The thing to remember is that when the GO6200 is within range of its Wifi it will auto disconnect the inbuilt Mobile sim.

You do not need Bluetooth on to have Traffic working if the inbuilt sim is working .

If you turn your GO6200 on and it is connected to your Bluetooth if you go to Settings Bluetooth and Tap on your Phone you should see a page with 3 options. The first says Handsfree and should be switched on. The second say Data and if switched on you should remember that the unit will only use the bluetooth connection for the data if the inbuilt Mobile Sim is not connected. The 3rd option is for hands free.

If your phone is an iPhone with IOS13 or later then there has been an issue with Bluetooth connection. Currently when pairing your iPhone with IOS13 to a GO6200 don't bother opening My Drive on the Phone . Just turn on BOTH Bluetooth and Personal Hotspot on you Phone then pair the two units. You will not be asked for the Personal Hotspot log in code but you must have it on when you are connected by Bluetooth.

Returning to the Inbuilt mobile sim if when you are away from Home and there is no traffic is displayed ie 2 cars if you
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap About
    What is the GPRS Status

If it is disconnected then contact Customer Support .

Doug