Is there an update to TomTom Sports Connect for Mac? — TomTom Community

Is there an update to TomTom Sports Connect for Mac?

JenilynnJenilynn Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited September 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I am able to sync my Spark Cardio + Music to my phone, but when I connect it to my computer, it can't find it. It can charge from my computer, but I can't upload activity from it or download new music.
I have tried different USB ports, exiting the app, and restarting my computer.

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,846
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    There has been no update to Sports Connect in the 2.5 years since TT Sports went out of business. It is likely a bad dock as it can still charge even if it cannot connect. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    There has been no update to Sports Connect in the 2.5 years since TT Sports went out of business. It is likely a bad dock as it can still charge even if it cannot connect. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
  • JenilynnJenilynn Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @tfarabaugh Thanks! It was my dock. I needed to straighten out one of the pins. Thank you for your help!
  • Buster1973Buster1973 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I can't connect my watch with blue tooth anymore it's looking for pincode but there's no where to reapply it, phones not syncing with watch
    Superusers
    You should try to reset the connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.