language problem — TomTom Community

language problem

My VIA 62 is no longer giving a list of languages for the voice control just spanish or german .
How do I put english back on my satnav so I can select it and understand the travel instructions ?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,140
    Superuser
    Hi @jennieb

Try a Soft Reset ie Charge the unit up and then turn it on and when ready Press and Hold the ON/OFF button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

Doug
  • jenniebjennieb Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sadly just got the same 2 options of Yannick ( German) or Monica ( Spanish ) both with the text Computer voice -reads aloud street names.
    At the bottom of the screen there is the option for fewer voices but not more voices.
    Would a factory reset help although Im nervous about this in case I lose everything but particularly the speed camera update Ive only just purchased or might that be ok ?
    Any advice much appreciated.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,140
    Superuser
    Hi @jennieb

Hold tight and let’s see if @VikramK can add an English computerised voice to your account so you can add it to your unit. Look back tomorrow.

Doug
  • jenniebjennieb Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks will do that
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,249 Moderator
    @jennieb

Computer voice 'Serena' has been activated for your device. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram