Why is app showing wrong mileage — TomTom Community

Why is app showing wrong mileage

Bob_70Bob_70 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I used the app on apple carplay, set up my usual run to Wales ( it is 139 miles on my Go5100) it shows 188 miles on the app. I used it today coming back from Wales & it took me the wrong way & I had to use the stand alone unit to get me back. As soon as I changed direction the app kept wanting to send me a different way until it gave up & froze .

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,233
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Bob_70

Have you downloaded the Ferried Connection File. If you haven't then download the European Ferry Connections file and then see what happens. I have never tested it but you may need that file to get the App to use the Severn Bridge. That sort of situation certainly happens as it does not only cover Ferries.

Doug
  • Bob_70Bob_70 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    should have said it was north/west Wales. did try it , same result
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Bob_70

If you try village centre to village centre , so not giving detailed info away, then can you mention the 2 villages so wI can try it.

Re Seven Bridge I was only trying to demonstrate instances that happened in Denmark where they could not get a route off an island via the bridge.

Doug
    DE24 9FB to SY24 5BY, I have uninstalled the app & reinstalled & it still gives me excessive mileage & arrival time
    Superuser
    Hi @Bob_70

Sorry for the delay in answering you . Looks like the website was down.

I have created a route between the 2 postcodes on my iPhone SE (Old Model) running iOS 13.6 and using Go NaV App version 2.2.1

The Route created goes around Litchfield/ North around Birmingham/ South around Shrewsbury / through LLanerfyl. Total distance shown as 140 miles and 2 hours 40 minutes.

My GO Camper set for a car and GO5200 both say 140 miles but 2 hours 54 minutes. The latter Camper unit suggests 146 miles for a Heavy Campervan.

I cannot change the Route preferences to produce a route that is significantly different in length..

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

Thanks for the update.

I have Waze & Google maps on my iPhone 8, if I create the route they give me 139/140 miles, as before I also set my GO5100 for a car & again 139 miles.
    I have uninstalled the TomTom app on my iPhone & reinstalled ( in case the app was corrupted but it still gives me 188 miles.

I am close to giving up on the TomTom app which is a pity because the display & function otherwise is ideal.

Bob
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Bob_70

Maybe on Monday @lampard may have a suggestion or he may ask your for more information so that he can pass it on to the App team. as a possible bug

Doug
    Hi lampard,

My phone is a iphone 8 NQ6J2ZD/A, ios VERSION 13,5,1 & App version 2.2.1

I have also installed it on my wife's iPhone 6s with the same results.

Regards

Bob_70
    Hi lampard

Thanks for sorting it, when I re-install the app, which option do I go for ?

Regards

Bob_70
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Bob_70

If you need to reinstall the App then I think you can only download the latest version, not a previous one if you had it on your phone and I would download all 4 UK Maps, unless you don't need Ni and Ireland, as well as the European Ferry Connections File.

@lampard was probably asking you what version in case you were still running an old version.

Doug