Something went wrong (10106) — TomTom Community

Something went wrong (10106)

JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,711
Community Manager
If you're shown this error while downloading a map, quit the app, then start the GO Navigation app again and return to downloading maps.

To quit the app:
  • iPhone X and later: swipe up from the bottom of the screen
  • others: double-click the home button

Edit: Introduced steps to quit app on iPhone X

Comments

• ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    That doesn’t work; despite following the instruction I’m still getting the error message.
    I’m currently left with a completely useless Tomtom Go app, and I need to use it urgently. The advice on tapping the Home button twice doesn’t work, so I’ve deleted the maps that wouldn’t install and have tried to re-install them but to no avail, because I keep getting the same error message.
    Oh, that I could return to the old Tomtom app! It was SO MUCH BETTER than this rubbish!
    It works now. I had to delete the app and re-install it, and I lost all “My Places” in the process. Thanks so much.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,598
    Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

If you open the MyDrive Website or the MyDrive app and sign in do you not see your MyPlaces stored there. If so the App should sync to it and reload the MyPlaces.

Doug
    Thanks, Doug, but until you mentioned MyDrive I’d never thought of using or downloading the app.

That aside, it’s somewhat frustrating that Tomtom Go Mobile would, and MyDrive will, plan a route from my home in the UK to a destination in Europe using a ferry link, whereas Tomtom Go Navigation tells me that the route is impossible. Life was never meant to be easy!
    Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

Can I suggest that you download all 3 European Ferry Connections in the Maps list.

There is a problem that is being sorted so in the meantime download all 3 Ferry Options.

Doug
    Thanks, Doug.

I just spotted the ferries problem on another thread, until which I hadn't realised that there were separate maps for ferries. What a bind! Downloading only the European ferries map would have sent me several hundred miles out of the way, through Poole to Cherbourg (whereas I live in Kent near both the Channel Tunnel, and the Dover-to-Calais ferry) and the problem was solved only when I downloaded the Mediterranean ferries map.

As you say, there's a problem!

Ian
  • Gerards2020Gerards2020 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    ICMcD wrote: »
    That doesn’t work; despite following the instruction I’m still getting the error message.
    I cannot download the (for me most important) maps of Kroatia and Slovenia,most other countries there is no problem.

Superuser
    edited July 18
    Hi @Gerards2020

Have you plenty of storage available. I have just downloaded Croatia (about 120mb), checked it could find Zagreb and then deleted the map without issue.

Maybe turn your phone Off and then trying again.
    Iphone SE old type IOS 13.6 App 2.2.1

Doug
  • KenniKenni Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Anyone having issues downloading maps today? I’ve tried restarting my phone, deleting the app and reinstalling and keep getting “something went wrong 10106” 😡
  • EdwardHelps_20EdwardHelps_20 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same here 10106 , gets to 72% on download then quits!!
    Superuser
    Hi @Kenni and @EdwardHelps_20

Really odd Further to my above post I have just downloaded Slovenia without a problem and Search finds Ljubjana.

Maybe @lampard can note. this on Monday and see if he can find an answer as to why this is happening .

Doug
  • MrGDurkoMrGDurko Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 18
    I'm having exactly the same issue here , planning to do a long journey across EU , but unfortunately can't download most of the countries am going through . Same message comes up " Something went wrong 10106 " , tried million times no luck . Deleted app quite few times then re-installed it again and again didn't help at all . Also has got plenty storage on me phone ( 169Gb should do I assume ) Been using this app for good few years without having any issue but since it has been updated and got to download maps individually very disappointed with it.
    don't really want to leave but might won't leave me choice
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,996 Moderator
    Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this! The team has already spotted this on Friday when few users reported that they cannot download certain map regions. I'll post back here once there's an update.

Regards, lampard
  • MrGDurkoMrGDurko Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Quick update from my side , it's all working again , just tried and managed to download everything I needed smothly without having any issue this time. Thank you very much happy customer again defo stick with this app
    Appreciate it guys thank you