Monthly £2.99 charge — TomTom Community

Monthly £2.99 charge

Nacnud123Nacnud123 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited April 2020 in Speed Cameras
I paid for the app from the App Store which is a yearly subscription I have noticed tomtom are billing me monthly £2.99 I’m not sure what this is for?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,573
    Superuser
    Hi @Nacnud123

That looks like a monthly charge for Cameras. Do you have a PND unit as well and did you have an auto renewal on it. Your app should show when your subscription runs out and that includes cameras.

Doug
  • Nacnud123Nacnud123 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply I do have the go 500 I will look at that account although normally purchase the cameras yearly
  • D_King14D_King14 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I bought a TomTom Go Premium X July 2019-this month TomTom took £2.99 from my PayPal account for
    World Speed 1 month=I thought speed camera updates for this model were free
    Please can you advise
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,391 Moderator
    Hi @D_King14

Welcome to the community!

Please cancel the recurring subscription on your account, see steps here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260-How-to-cancel-an-ongoing-service-subscription

You can contact the customer service to raise a refund request.

Regards, Vikram
  • _theogg1_theogg1 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why am I being charged £4.50 a month when I paid for a year in January 2020. I pay every year and have never been charged monthly. Thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @_theogg1

The system has changed from a yearly charge to a monthly charge and covers the world and has the option to dip in and out as you want it.. You need to contact Customer Support to sort out the payments .

This may help

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services#latest

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @_theogg1

The system has changed from a yearly charge to a monthly charge and covers the world and has the option to dip in and out as you want it.. You need to contact Customer Support to sort out the payments .

This may help

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services#latest

Doug

Ok thanks, but what happens.when I want to renew in January again, will it automatically renew and I pay monthly instead a one off payment. Thanks
    Superuser
    HI @_theogg1

You will have to ask Customer Support to sort out what will happen when your currently paid year finishes as the Yearly sub no longer is available and why have they started charging you gin.

You don't have an old device still linked to the account do you just incase the monthly is for that.

Doug
    HI @_theogg1

You will have to ask Customer Support to sort out what will happen when your currently paid year finishes as the Yearly sub no longer is available and why have they started charging you gin.

You don't have an old device still linked to the account do you just incase the monthly is for that.

Doug

No I don't have an old device, I'll try and contact customer support, thanks for your help
  • BlackfiveBlackfive Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nacnud123 wrote: »
    I paid for the app from the App Store which is a yearly subscription I have noticed tomtom are billing me monthly £2.99 I’m not sure what this is for?

TomTom have now done this to me twice. Last month an email suddenly appeared to say they'd charged me an unauthorised £2.99 for the world speed cameras. I contacted TomTom to be told that they'd reversed the charge and had cancelled it. Now I find I've just have another email with the same charge for this month! I'm now annoyed as yet again an unauthorised charge.
    If this is now monthly it equates to £35.88 annually which is a huge increase from the £15.99 I previously paid for an annual subscription equating to a rise of 124%!!! How can this be justified along with the unauthorised charges to my credit card? The latter is fraud!!
    _theogg1 wrote: »
    HI @_theogg1

Doug

No I don't have an old device, I'll try and contact customer support, thanks for your help

Hi I logged into my account and went to subscriptions, it's telling me I purchased world, I didn't I paid for a years in January, it gives me the option to cancel it, but if I did will lose my live traffic weather etc.thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,391 Moderator
    Hi @_theogg1

I don't find a reference to world services for your device, serial number starting LV.
    I can surely see the services active which you paid for in January 2020. If you contact the customer service with the order number(world services) I think they will be in a better position to help you.

Regards, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @_theogg1

I don't find a reference to world services for your device, serial number starting LV.
    I can surely see the services active which you paid for in January 2020. If you contact the customer service with the order number(world services) I think they will be in a better position to help you.

Regards, Vikram

Thanks for replying, but if you look on my account, subscriptions and orders, it's says I purchased live services world, and has been charging me, It gives me the option to cancel the charge, I just want to know would I lose everything else like traffic etc if I did, I'm having trouble trying customer services. Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,006
    Superusers
    Hi
    @_theogg1
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711834#Comment_1711834/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • BlackfiveBlackfive Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @_theogg1
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711834#Comment_1711834/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

How convenient (NOT!) that TomTom have suspended their phone contact for customer services when taking unauthorised payments from people's credit cards for subscriptions they've never agreed to. I've emailed them and had no reply or action. My next step is to report them to my credit card company to reverse the unauthorised payment and report them for suspected fraud.
    Superuser
    Hi @Blackfive

I am not aware of the timings but I think Tomtom may have changed their terms and conditions some time ago to the effect that when you started a sub then it auto renewed unless you agreed otherwise. Have you checked the terms before you involve the credit card company?

Doug
  • ex_tomtom_userex_tomtom_user Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    1. Cancel your ongoing subscription in "Subscriptions"

2. Contact the support, preferably by chat, and ask for a refund. It will take a while (30 minutes in my case) from explaining the situation to finally receiving a confirmational email as they respond quite slowly so be prepared.

3. If you want to be sure you won't get charged again, delete your bank card details. According to the person from support it goes more or less like this: "to do that, select any product and add it to your basket, on payment page, you shall find a tickbox to save payment details while payment, you can deselect the box to unsave your details". It worked for me.

I'm still not 100% sure if I won't get charged again "by accident". If so, I will contact my bank and block all payments from TomTom.
    In case I don't get the requested refund I might ask my bank to undo the transaction(s) made.