How to connect Tomtom support? I won't get any updates for Go5200 — TomTom Community

How to connect Tomtom support? I won't get any updates for Go5200

Hi. I have a brand new Tomtom GO5200 (I guess it is manufactures a few years ago, but just got it out of the box) and the device shows that maps and software are up to date (both from year 2016). It won't load even camera updates.. Also GPRS is disconnected. Serial number of the device is ZB6376K01605. Tomtom MyDrive on PC shows that there is no need to connect thi sproduct to PC. I have tried soft reset without success. I also found out that it is impossible to contact customer service. Wifi shows good signal level with 76Mbit/s speed.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,584
    Superuser
    Hi @tuomos

Looks like you account needs sorting. Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up and make the changes.

If you are within your WIFI's range and the unit is connected to it then the GPRS will disconnect.

Here is a video on how updating with a Wifi unit is done.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

Doug
  • tuomostuomos Posts: 12 [Novice Seeker]
    edited July 15
    I have tried like on your video (I was also signed in to my account even though I didn't rememer to show that on video). Here is how it looks:
    Superuser
    edited July 15
    Hi @tuomos

Nothing will change re getting the lifetime updates etc until @VikramK has had a chance to sort out your account settings on the TT servers. Look back here later when he will indicate he has done the necessary.

Re GPRS go outside away from your Wifi so the Wifi has disconnected then check the GPRS connection. It may take a few seconds Wifi takes priority.

Doug
    also I am not able to download world maps (for example USA). only the one installed is visible for me.
    @VikramK can you please take a new look to this? I would really need USA maps in the future. It is said in the box that 48 countries are installed and I need to install the rest using Wi-fi connection.
    Superuser
    edited July 15
    Hi @tuomos

The 48 countries are the countries covered by the Europe map. The rest like USA, Australia etc are downloaded by selecting them from the list in Maps/ Add a Map. If the other maps are not offered there then @VikramK can check the account settings and amend if necessary.

If you want to add the USA to your unit you will need to add a Micro SD class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32gb recommended and from a major make like Sandisk or Samsung etc. The Full European map and the USA map will not all fit on the internal memory long with the operating software. Some of the lesser known make of memory card have occasionally had issues in a Tomtom unit.

Doug
    Add a new map is empty. it just shows that there is 5.55GB storage available.
    Superuser
    Hi @tuomos

Your first job is to get an extra memory card as you will need it if you want to add the USA and it becomes available after the account settings are sorted.

Doug
    OK. I try that soon. It is strange that there aren't even any small maps available (for example New Zealand) even though I have 5,55GB free space on device.
    Chat support said that the issue was old software installed to device. They made some changes and now I need to keep the device connected to PC for 24 hours. MyDrive connect do nothing at the moment but they told that the update to my device is triggered.
    Superuser
    Hi @tuomos

That sounds a bit odd are you sure you spoke to Tomtom and not one of the Spam sites that are around.

Hope I am wrong and lets see what @VikramK has to say.

Doug
    31,93GB free space now but I still not have any options at "add a map" menu.
    I received now one quick update to device. Free space after the update was 5,24GB (before adding the memory card). information menu still shows that Application version is 16.400.0076.411 (17.09.2016) and maps "Europe v975.7679" (released 07/2016).
    Superuser
    Hi @tuomos

@VikramK has not commented about your situation so I assume he has not got to you yet.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,559 Moderator
    Hi @tuomos

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Superuser
    Hi @tuomos

Do we take your silence to say you are sorted now.

Doug
    edited July 16
    It seemed to be ok yesterday evening. The device showed me available maps and two updates available. Then I tried to update but I got immeadiately message that "something went wrong, please try again". Then I did the soft reset and we are now back on the original situation. No updates available, no maps available.

So I guess that perhaps someone was able to fix the problem but then someone else did new fix and that was the reason that I was not able to start updates or map download.

I am currently trying to resolve this with Tomtom chat. Lets see what happens.
    Now they were able to get all the available updates and maps available for me again. Still same problem when I try to update or download a new map "Oops. Something went wrong. please try again"

pc0zumq9bypb.jpg

2aczdgfy15uh.jpg

edited July 16
    Snehal at Tomtom support was able to sole this problem. It took for a while but now it is currently updating the maps. The problem was really old software at device and it was not able to get any updates because of that. This kind of reset while connected to MyDrive Connect and then updates could be downloaded (actually I need to do it twice and I don't know the reason for that). Worked after I changed to another PC.
    Superuser
    edited July 16
    Hi @tuomos

Glad it seems to be getting sorted. I assume you are asking for each update to be done one at a time. Also when you have finished all the updating do a Soft Reset as it is good practice as it sorts the files out.

Doug