How can I install additional voices on my new TomTom GO 6200? — TomTom Community

How can I install additional voices on my new TomTom GO 6200?

TimHiTimHi Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi Folks,

I'm new here and hoping someone can help to resolve a problem I have trying to download voices to my TomTom Go 6200.
I have a GO 5000 and a list of voices from all over the World.

My new GO6200 comes preinstalled with 3 x UK voices and 3 x Eire voices. I haven't found any option to install more and it's really irritating me. Hopefully it's just me and someone will provide a solution.

I am trying to install two English speaking voices; "Ben" (New Zealand) and "James" (Australia) but have failed miserably.

Can anyone help?

Tim

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,265
    Superuser
    Hi @TimHi

I am afraid you will have to wait until tomorrow. when @VikramK or @lampard will add the voices you are looking for to your account and they then should appear as available downloads

Doug
  • TimHiTimHi Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug,

Many thanks for replying

Tim
    Superuser
    Hi @timHi

You're welcome.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @TimHi

Sorry I added Serena and Malcolm earlier.

Unfortunately, we don't have the voices you mentioned Ben or James.

I have added Karen( Australian computer voice).

Regards
    Vikram
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,511
    Superusers
    I wait for three years for female french computer voice ,'( Virginie and Julie) some news?
    Thanks Vikram,

As a point of interest I have Ben and James on my GO5000. Do you happen to know why voices available on 5000 are not readily available on 6200? Just curious.

Timh
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,959
    Superuser
    @TimHi

Are you sure this voice is "Ben" not "Ken" which you can get for free from here https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/ken/
    Niall,

Many thanks for the voices link, I wasn't aware of that.

Very definitely talking about "Ben" (New Zealand) and "James" (Australia) complete with typical (comical) antipodean expressions, hence the reason for trying to get them for the 6200.

I'm guessing there may be a backwards compatibility issue. There are certainly loads more worldwide voices to choose from through the GO5000 and TomTom MyDrive.

Thanks for trying,

TimH
    Hi TimHI

I think it's because of those voices are not compatible to run on the new firmware installed on the GO 6200 WiFi.

Regards
    Vikram
  • JustmyselfJustmyself Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hallo Community

I have an issue with my GO 6200 of not being able to use voice control (display language is English US) or download an English (US or UK) computer generated voice. Any suggestions on how to hack it?

Just.
    Superuser
    Hi @Justmyself

Look back here later to see if @VikramK has added some voices to your account for you.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Justmyself

Look back here later to see if @VikramK has added some voices to your account for you.

Doug

Thanks @DougLap I will keep on checking.

Just
    edited July 2020
    Hi Justmyself

Welcome to the community!

Serena and Malcolm(UK)
    Samantha (US)

3 computer voices have been activated for your GO 6200 WiFi. Please check for updates.

Thanks, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi Justmyself

Welcome to the community!

Serena and Malcolm(UK)
    Samantha (US)

3 computer voices have been activated for your GO 6200 WiFi. Please check for updates.

Thanks, Vikram

Many thanks @VikramK I was able to download the updates and my sat nav is now exactly how I would have wanted it to be. Thumbs up!

Just.
    Superuser
    Hi @Justmyself

Glad you are sorted. That didn't take long. =)

Doug