New Tom Tom GO app misses real time traffic information — TomTom Community

New Tom Tom GO app misses real time traffic information

Within the new Tom Tom GO app 2.2.1 release/20.1 (3347) real Time Traffic is not presented. In the older version Real Time Traffic was always visable without navigation. I used this function to determine my optimal route in the Netherlands. What is going wrong

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,689 Moderator
    Hi @ArnaudP

Welcome to the Community! Is this still happening? Are you not able to see the traffic on the maps without planing a route? Do you have the option "Traffic & Safety Cameras' enabled under Main Menu > TomTom Services?

Regards, lampard
  • ArnaudPArnaudP Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    All options are enabled. Why is this function not working.
    nrhahcknswrw.jpg
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,689 Moderator
    Hi @ArnaudP

Is this happening all the time or intermittent? Please also mention the phone model and Android version installed on it.

Regards, lampard
    All the time with the new App. Samsung S10e SM-G970F Android-versie 10
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 58 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Also happening - today - on the old app v18.1, Pixel 3XL, Android v10. No traffic data this morning 0700 to 1000. Gave up on return journey and used another nav app.....
  • Richard6666666Richard6666666 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    IP6 with KPN is not working use APV IP4 setting.
    Richard, thanks, I'm sure your post means something to you, but it doesn't translate for the vast majority of readers. Are you suggesting some change to the TTGO app settings?
    Richard setting the APN to IP4 is not the issue. My Samsung S8 is working well with Android version 9. I am working in the Mobile field myself, so his answer is not a problem.
  • leexgxleexgx Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    He means seems new tomtom go is not working with ipv6 (it's how your phone talks to every computer in the world) ipv4 is the old but some stuff doesn't work if your on ipv6 only mobile provider (more then Likey tomtom has configuration problem for German provider or Germany mobile provider is not setup ipv6 correctly, as its working fine on my ee UK mobile provider which does use ipv6)

If you can change your apn setting on your phone to ipv4 only (it's norm set to ipv4/ipv6) and still get mobile data that should resolve it until tomtom fix there ipv6 settings in (I assume) Germany (if data stops working set it back to the previous setting in your apn setting (this is your phone not tomtom
  • Richard6666666Richard6666666 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    There are several apps that do not work with KPN on IP6 seems to have to do with a DNS setting of KPN.
    Change your APN phone setting to IP4 and it works.
    I'm still having the problem of traffic data not available - and the problem has 'migrated' from the old app to the new app. When I start a journey, the traffic data is there, but after a few miles/few minutes, the traffic data disappears and I get the car with X symbol on the top right. Makes no difference if I start at home with wifi, or start the journey away from home ie no wifi. Pixel 3XL, Android 10, TT GO 2.2.3. Reset or reinstall of app does not fix this. With no traffic data the app is essentially useless and I'll end up cancelling my subscription.....
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,092
    Superuser
    Hi @SinglePointSafety

I have not got the Android App but I assume when at home your phone is logged into the Wifi. At this point then I expect the App is getting the Traffic data via the Wifi and that data will be used for a short time after you leave home Once away the App will seek to switch to the Phones sim for data provision so I suspect you need to see if there is any reason you phone is not providing the Traffic data . I presume mobile data is turned on.

Doug
    edited August 2020
    Doug, I was very explicit in my post and have already answered your Q, but to repeat and emphasise: if I start my journey away from home, so there is no wifi, traffic shows up and is clearly available, but a few miles into the journey it stops.

Mobile data is indeed turned on, the issue is not with my phone since I can get live traffic data using Google Navigation (and on longer journeys when live traffic is a really, really good idea, I've had to stop the car, quit from TT GO and complete the journey using Google Nav).

TT live traffic used to work just fine, but a few weeks ago I noticed that it has stopped working properly. It would be simpler problem to solve (I assume) if indeed it never worked, but it's puzzling that it works fine at first and then fails.