GO 5000 - Backup POIs to PC — TomTom Community

GO 5000 - Backup POIs to PC

Hello,

Some time ago I accidentally dropped my GO 5000 and the screen cracked, which also made the touchscreen unresponsive. I have replaced the damaged display myself, and it now looks OK again, but the touch screen is still unresponsive. Therefore, I have bought a new device. I now want to transfer my POIs from the old device to the new device, but I cannot find any way to do this!
The old device can still be connected to my PC and I can update it and everything (through MyDrive connect), but how to make a backup of the POIs? I don't see any option for that in MyDrive connect. I have also tried TomTom Home, but it does not recognize my GO 5000. I have read that the POIs should automatically appear in MyDrive in the browser, but that is also not the case.
Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to backup the POIs?

Cheers,
Robin

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,631
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @code-penguin
    Welcome to the site....
    Is the new device logged into MyDrive Connect with the same Email & Password as the old device
    Are you logged into MYDrive on the new GO 5000
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Tomtom Services... MyDrive

ATB YFM
  • code-penguincode-penguin Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    Hi YFM,

Thanks for your reply. I have not touched the new device yet. But I did log into https://mydrive.tomtom.com/ and the POIs from my old device are not there, so it looks like they were never stored in the cloud. It is possible that I never logged into MyDrive on the old device. I will set-up the new device now, to test your suggestion, but am afraid it won't work. [Edit: just tried it, the new device is connected to MyDrive but no POIs]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,631
    Superusers
    Hi
    @code-penguin
    The logging in to MyDrive on the old GO 5000 was essential to sync the data....

ATB YFM
  • code-penguincode-penguin Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi YFM,

Yeah I was afraid so. And because the touchscreen is unresponsive, there is no chance to login. It is just a bit silly that there is no way to backup the POIs through the software. MyDrive connect shows my device as connected, it shows how much disk space is taken on the device and on the memory card, what cards are installed.. so it should be easy to also let me access the POIs.

Still hope someone knows some kind of work-around..!

Cheers,
    Robin