GPRS connected, no traffic — TomTom Community

GPRS connected, no traffic

Hi
I'm new to the forum. I couldn't find my precise issue already so apologies if the solution is here somewhere 🙄
I'm in the UK. I got my GO PREMIUM direct from TomTom in March this year (so haven't had much of a chance to use it!)
I have never seen traffic information work.
GPRS shows as connected, and there is IMEI and SIM info being displayed.
I'm sharing info via the 3 sliders
My Speed Camera Updates and Traffic are both activated.
When GPRS is connected, Traffic shows as Service Unavailable but MyDrive shows as connected - this is with neither Bluetooth nor WiFi configured, so must be through GPRS.
Bluetooth pairing to my Samsung S7 on O2 is working as I can see text / WhatsApp messages coming in, however Data Services via Bluetooth attempts to connect but it fails (I suspect my phone Bluetooth, or O2, is blocking it) , so I can't use this for traffic

I've done the reset from the device menu, and the two power off reset method, and the one where it kicks into a black and white text screen. But to no avail.

Is there anything else I can do? Can the SIM be remotely checked by TomTom?

I just want traffic reports to work, by any method!

Cheers
Andy

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,022
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Gerbilroyd
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • GerbilroydGerbilroyd Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YFM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Good advice to do the reset after updates thx 😊
    I think it is one of the (many!) resets I've tried. Just done it again now but no change 😔

MyDrive is connected from the satnav via GPRS (WIFI and Bluetooth both unconfigured) and is picking up new places etc. It's as if its lying about Traffic being activated! It does say the services are temporarily unavailable, and and to retry later. But later doesn't seem to work either 😳

Cheers
    Andy
    As a follow up to this, I tried buying 3 months of Traffic Service and am now getting access to traffic - I was under the impression that lifetime traffic was included as part of the Premium device bundle ?
    Can anyone from TomTom verify that in 4 months time I will still have a traffic service without buying a further subscription?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @Gerbilroyd

When you go into Settings/System/About what is said against Traffic. You should not need to buy Traffic servcies.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,022
    Superusers
    edited June 23
    Hi
    @Gerbilroyd
    Welcome to the site....
    These are unusual times... Tomtom is like everywhere else, the restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will be able to check and correct your Tomtom Live Servies Account status...
    But you will probably need to contact Tomtom Support about the 3 Months Live Traffic you purchased in error....

Contact Tomtom Support....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....

Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi Doug,
    Everything looked as it should be with Traffic showing as Activated, and GPRS connecting. It was all very puzzling!

Hi YFM,
    On your advice, I've just had a live chat with TomTom support and they have put a request in for a refund on the traffic for me. So hopefully everything will be ok!

Thanks both
    Andy
  • KevMoore63_KevMoore63_ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I own a Tom Tom Trucker 6000 and I have lost my Live Traffic ??
    I have tried a Rebot but no luck there ?
    I have the Unit Plugged into the Mains but it has been on Charge in the Van All Day ??
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @KevMoore63_

Hopefully @VikramK can have a look at your settings. Look back tomorrow.

Do you have to subscribe for it and if so has it run out.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Hi @KevMoore63_

The subscription for TomTom Traffic ended on the 9th of July and that's the reason it's not able to connect.

Thanks, Vikram