2020 Subaru Legacy - default map setting — TomTom Community

2020 Subaru Legacy - default map setting

RobosledgeRobosledge Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
I have a brand new 2020 Subaru Legacy. Is there a way to keep the navigation system on my last setting? I like having it on 2D heading up & zoomed out. But every time I start the car it defaults back to 2D north-up zoomed back in. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Comments

• bigal8255bigal8255 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same question. Also the font size is so small that the street names are barely readable. Not so bad when setting a destination but not good when just on the map screen.
  • RobosledgeRobosledge Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Another thing is that it doesn't show what the scale is. Be nice knowing how zoomed in/out the map actually is.
  • Whip3r5naperWhip3r5naper Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same issue as Robosledge. I called Subaru today and they will look into it.
  • imacreativeimacreative Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same issue on my STARLINK 11.6 screen. I have an Outback. Also, why are the street names/cross streets not detailed?
  • gweepgweep Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    Did anyone get a direct answer to this question?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,623
    Superuser
    Hi @gweep

Are the videos I linked on my Post on your other topic any help.

Doug
  • GerryInTorontoGerryInToronto Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the safe feelings. I bought my new Subaru two weeks ago and the built-in Tomtom navigation system is by far the worse system I’ve ever used. Speed limits are mostly all wrong. My city changed the speed limits four years ago but that change has yet to make the update. I drive in a city of millions yet there is only 3D views for the immediate core. You cannot read street names in most views. There is no breadcrumb feature. Using voice control to find “Home Depot” is worthy of a comedy skit on TV. Did I say I was parked at a large corporate gas station yet Tomtom had no idea it was nearby. The station has only been there for 50 years. The Tomtom graphic display rivals the Garmin models from 2005. If you are looking at a Subaru, forget the built-in navigation system. Tomtom has yet to really unleash the potential of Subaru’s new 11.6 display.
  • RobosledgeRobosledge Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Looks like the latest software update to infotainment system (not the map update) has fixed this issue. The map will now stay on the same settings you last used.