Rider 550 Traffic/Speed Camera updates EXPIRED — TomTom Community

Rider 550 Traffic/Speed Camera updates EXPIRED

grahamfrench1952_un43grahamfrench1952_un43 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Bought this Sat nav 1st Sept 2018 and have just noticed that both the Traffic and Speed Camera updates are listed in the "About" menu as expired. How is this possible when the unit was bought with "lifetime traffic and camera updates". The current map 'Europe' v1020.9285' updated ok today. So what is going on. Or has anyone got an email address for TOMTOM Support as I can not find one.

Or do I take the unit back for refund as not as described?

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,840
    Superuser
    @grahamfrench1952_un43

Better to call Customer Service to sort your subscriptions out, there and then

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,041 Moderator
    Hi grahamfrench1952_un43,

Welcome to the Community!

The TomTom services (World Lifetime maps, Lifetime Traffic & Speed Camera's) are now added to your Rider 550 device. Please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Cheers, lampard
  • grahamfrench1952_un43grahamfrench1952_un43 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi grahamfrench1952_un43,

Welcome to the Community!

The TomTom services (World Lifetime maps, Lifetime Traffic & Speed Camera's) are now added to your Rider 550 device. Please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Cheers, lampard
    Worked a treat - thank you.
  • TussunTussun Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have the same problem as the previous post, bought new in 2018 a 550 and have just noticed that both the Traffic and Speed Camera updates are listed in the "About" menu as expired. Can you assist?
    cheers
    Hi @Tussun

I've fixed the subscriptions on your device, please follow the steps in the comment here.

Cheers, lampard
  • wizzer91wizzer91 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have the same problem as the previous post, bought new in 2018 a 550 and have just noticed that both the Traffic and Speed Camera updates are listed in the "About" menu as expired. Can you assist?
    cheers
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,646
    Superuser
    Hi @wizzer91

If @lampard does not pick this up contact customer support and ask them to sort your account out.

Doug
    Hi @wizzer91

Welcome to the forum! Both the Rider devices linked to your email address has the correct subscription on it which means World maps with lifetime Traffic and speed camera's.

If it's not the case, please PM me the serial number of your device and I'll have a look!

Cheers, lampard
  • DarkHelmetDarkHelmet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi

I have the same problem on my 550, Traffic and Speed Camera updates are listed in the "About" menu as expired.

Regards Per
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @DarkHelmet

Contact Customer Support and they can check your account settings.

Doug
  • LStellaLStella Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampard,
    I'm very happy to hear you can look after this problem. I've the same problem with my Rider 550 bought in 2018. Can I procede with the factoty reset directly, or do you need the serial number of my device before?
    Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Kindly Regards
    Luca
    Hi @LStella

Welcome to the Community! I added the correct subscriptions on your device, please follow the steps in the comment here.

Cheers, lampard
  • LStellaLStella Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Many thanks Lampard, I've done the procedure and now it's OK.
    I've really appreciated your help.

Cheers, Luca
  • T0mahawkT0mahawk Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    I m having the same problem. Traffic is showing as expired.
    Superuser
    Hi @Tomahawk

You don't say what Device you have and whether you have Lifetime Traffic. Hopefully @VikramK can have a look and sort out your account if appropriate. Have a look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Hi @Tomahawk

Please check for updates now :)

Thanks, Vikram
  • WolfdogWolfdog Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I cant update my speed cameras on my 550.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Hi @Wolfdog

The is a current issue with installing speed camera updates on some TomTom modes, the problem is been investigated by our team.

Could you please report this to our customer service?

Thanks, Vikram